Essentials of Developing Windows Store Apps Using C# (20484)
About this Course
In this course students will learn essential programming skills and techniques that are required to develop Windows Store apps. This includes a combination of both design and development skills, as well as ensuring that students are comfortable using and making the most of the Microsoft Visual Studio and Expression Blend tools.
This course maps to the 70-484 exam.
Who should attend
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1 to 2 years of experience creating client applications and who are comfortable programming in C# and have done some XAML-based programming.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- 1 or more years of experience creating applications
- 1 to 3 months experience creating Windows client applications
- 1 to 3 months experience using Visual Studio 2010 or 2012
- Attended Course 20483C: Programming in C#, or equivalent knowledge
What You Will Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Windows 8.1 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface.
- Create the User Interface layout and structure by using XAML.
- Use data binding to present data in the UI.
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
- Handle files and streams.
- Respond to application lifecycle events using Process Lifetime Management and the PLM extensibility points provided by the Visual Studio 2013 templates.
- Use templates to create the UI.
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
- Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and Settings.
- Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app.
- Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including gestures.
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store.
Outline: Essentials of Developing Windows Store Apps Using C# (20484)
Module 1: Overview of the Windows 8.1 Platform and Windows StoreApps
- Introduction to the Windows 8.1 Platform
- Windows 8.1 UI Principles
- WinRT and Language Projections
Module 2: Creating User Interfaces Using XAML
- XAML Basics
- XAML Code-Behind
- Advanced XAML
Module 3: Presenting Data
- Working with Data Presentation Controls
- The GridView Control
Module 4: Implementing Layout Using Windows 8.1 Built-In Controls
- WinRT Controls
- AppBar Control
- Windowing Modes
Module 5: Handling Files in Windows Store Apps
- Handling Files and Streams in Windows Store Apps
- Working with File User Interface Components
Module 6: Windows Store App Process Lifetime Management
- Process Lifetime Management
- Windows Store App Activation and Background Tasks
- Implementing a State Management Strategy
Module 7: Working with Resources, Styles, and Templates
- Creating Shared Resources
- Creating Styles and Templates
Module 8: Designing and Implementing Navigation in a Windows Store app
- Handling Navigation in Windows Store apps
- Semantic Zoom
Module 9: Implementing Windows 8.1 Contracts
- Designing for Charms and Contracts
- The Search Contract and the SearchBox Control
- The Share Contract
- Managing App Settings
Module 10: Implementing Tiles and User Notifications
- Implementing Tiles, Live Tiles, Secondary Tiles, and Badge Notifications
- Implementing Toast Notifications
Module 11: Designing and Implementing a Data Access Strategy
- Evaluating Data Access Strategies
- Working with Remote Data
Module 12: Responding to Mouse and Touch
- Working with Pointer Events
- Working with Gesture Events
Module 13: Planning for Windows Store App Deployment
- The Windows Store App Manifest
- Windows Store App Certification
- Exploring the Windows 8.1 Platform
- Exploring a Windows Store App
- Creating the User Interface by using Visual Studio 2013
- Enhancing the UI by using Visual Studio 2013
- Presenting the Note Data in the GridView Control
- Implementing an App Bar
- Using the File API to Read and Write Data from the Notes Files
- Adding Photos to a Note by using File Picker
- Exploring the Different PLM States
- Implementing State Management
- Creating a Control Style and Template
- Adding Navigation to the ILoveNotes App
- Implementing Semantic Zoom
- Implementing the Search Contract
- Implementing the Share Contract
- Adding a New Setting to the Settings Pane
- Optional: Implementing Search with the SearchBox Control
- Enabling Live Tile Functionality on the Main Tile
- Adding Secondary Tiles Functionality
- Adding Scheduled Toast Notifications for ToDo Notes
- Designing and Implementing a Data Access Strategy
- Implementing Mouse Events
- Implementing Gesture Events
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Feb 6-10, 2017||Münster|
|Mar 13-17, 2017||Munich|
|Apr 10-13, 2017||Frankfurt 4 days|
|May 15-19, 2017||Hamburg|
|Jun 19-23, 2017||Berlin|
|Jul 17-21, 2017||Stuttgart|
|Aug 14-18, 2017||Düsseldorf|
|Sep 11-15, 2017||Munich|
|Oct 9-13, 2017||Frankfurt|
|Nov 6-10, 2017||Hamburg|
|Dec 4-8, 2017||Berlin|
|Mar 27-31, 2017||Rome|
|May 29-Jun 1, 2017||Milan 4 days|
|Sep 4-8, 2017||Rome|
|Oct 2-6, 2017||Milan|
|Nov 20-24, 2017||Rome|
|Feb 14-22, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 14/02,15/02,21/02,22/02|
|Feb 14-22, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 14/02,15/02,21/02,22/02|
|Mar 7-22, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 07/03,08/03,21/03,22/03|
|Apr 4-12, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 04/04,05/04,11/04,12/04|
|Apr 4-12, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 04/04,05/04,11/04,12/04|
|May 9-17, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 09/05,10/05,16/05,17/05|
|Jun 6-14, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 06/06,07/06,13/06,14/06|
|Jun 6-Jul 14, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 06/06,07/06,13/06,14/07|
|Jul 5-13, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 05/07,06/07,12/07,13/07|
|Jun 26-30, 2017 This is a FLEX event||Mexico City|
|Online Training Time zone: America/Mexico_City|