Programming in C# (Visual Studio 2012) (20483)
By purchasing this course as e-learning you will receive the same official digital student guide book used in the classroom, as well as 90-day access to:
- HD instructional videos recorded by the top Microsoft Certified Trainers
- Online labs that are available 24/7 – identical to the labs used for classroom based training
- Knowledge checks after each module providing you with instant feedback on your progress
- Learn more about all the advantages of MOC On-Demand
Click here to purchase this course online or contact us to purchase via PO or SATVs.
About this Course
This course teaches the programming skills that are required to create Windows applications using the C# language. Topics covered include the basics of C# program structure, language syntax, and implementation details. Students will build an application that incorporates several features of the .NET Framework 4.5.
The course introduces many of the techniques and technologies employed by modern desktop and enterprise applications, including:
- Building new data types.
- Handling events.
- Programming the user interface.
- Accessing a database.
- Using remote data.
- Performing operations asynchronously.
- Integrating with unmanaged code.
- Creating custom attributes.
- Encrypting and decrypting data.
Who should attend
Developers attending this course should already have gained some limited experience using C# to complete basic programming tasks. More specifically, students should have hands-on experience using C# that demonstrates their understanding of the following:
- How to name, declare, initialize and assign values to variables within an application.
- How to use:
- arithmetic operators to perform arithmetic calculations involving one or more variables;
- relational operators to test the relationship between two variables or expressions;
- logical operators to combine expressions that contain relational operators.
- How to create the code syntax for simple programming statements using C# language keywords and recognize syntax errors using the Visual Studio IDE.
- How to create a simple branching structure using an IF statement.
- How to create a simple looping structure using a For statement to iterate through a data array.
- How to use the Visual Studio IDE to locate simple logic errors.
- How to create a Function that accepts arguments (parameters and returns a value of a specified type.
- How to design and build a simple user interface using standard controls from the Visual Studio toolbox.
- How to connect to a SQL Server database and the basics of how to retrieve and store data.
- How to sort data in a loop.
- How to recognize the classes and methods used in a program.
What You Will Learn
- Describe the core syntax and features of C#.
- Create and call methods, catch and handle exceptions, and describe the monitoring requirements of large-scale applications.
- Implement the basic structure and essential elements of a typical desktop application.
- Create classes, define and implement interfaces, and create and use generic collections.
- Use inheritance to create a class hierarchy, extend a .NET Framework class, and create generic classes and methods.
- Read and write data by using file input/output and streams, and serialize and deserialize data in different formats.
- Create and use an entity data model for accessing a database and use LINQ to query and update data.
- Use the types in the System.Net namespace and WCF Data Services to access and query remote data.
- Build a graphical user interface by using XAML.
- Improve the throughput and response time of applications by using tasks and asynchronous operations.
- Integrate unmanaged libraries and dynamic components into a C# application.
- Examine the metadata of types by using reflection, create and use custom attributes, generate code at runtime, and manage assembly versions.
- Encrypt and decrypt data by using symmetric and asymmetric encryption.
Outline: Programming in C# (Visual Studio 2012) (20483)
Module 1: Review of C# Syntax
- Overview of Writing Applications using C#
- Datatypes, Operators, and Expressions
- C# Programming Language Constructs
Module 2: Creating Methods, Handling Exceptions, and Monitoring Applications
- Creating and Invoking Methods
- Creating Overloaded Methods and Using Optional and Output Parameters
- Handling Exceptions
- Monitoring Applications
Module 3: Developing the Code for a Graphical Application
- Implementing Structs and Enums
- Organizing Data into Collections
- Handling Events
Module 4: Creating Classes and Implementing Type-safe Collections
- Creating Classes
- Defining and Implementing Interfaces
- Implementing Type-safe Collections
Module 5: Creating a Class Hierarchy by Using Inheritance
- Creating Class Hierarchies
- Extending .NET Framework Classes
- Creating Generic Types
Module 6: Reading and Writing Local Data
- Reading and Writing Files
- Serializing and Deserializing Data
- Performing I/O Using Streams
Module 7: Accessing a Database
- Creating and Using Entity Data Models
- Querying Data by Using LINQ
- Updating Data by Using LINQ
Module 8: Accessing Remote Data
- Accessing Data Across the Web
- Accessing Data in the Cloud
Module 9: Designing the User Interface for a Graphical Application
- Using XAML to Design a User Interface
- Binding Controls to Data
- Styling a User Interface
Module 10: Improving Application Performance and Responsiveness
- Implementing Multitasking by using Tasks and Lambda Expressions
- Performing Operations Asynchronously
- Synchronizing Concurrent Access to Data
Module 11: Integrating with Unmanaged Code
- Creating and Using Dynamic Objects
- Managing the Lifetime of Objects and Controlling Unmanaged Resources
Module 12: Creating Reusable Types and Assemblies
- Examining Object Metadata
- Creating and Using Custom Attributes
- Generating Managed Code
- Versioning, Signing and Deploying Assemblies
Module 13: Encrypting and Decrypting Data
- Implementing Symmetric Encryption
- Implementing Asymmetric Encryption
- Developing the Class Enrolment Application
- Extending the Class Enrolment Application Functionality
- Writing the Code for the Grades Prototype Application
- Adding Data Validation and Type-safety to the Grades Application
- Refactoring Common Functionality into the User Class
- Generating the Grades Report
- Retrieving and Modifying Grade Data
- Retrieving and Modifying Grade Data in the Cloud
- Customizing Student Photographs and Styling the Application
- Improving the Responsiveness and Performance of the Application
- Upgrading the Grades Report
- Specifying the Data to Include in the Grades Report
- Encrypting and Decrypting Grades Reports
|Jan 30-Feb 3, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Feb 13-17, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Feb 20-24, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Mar 8-10, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Central 3 days *|
|Mar 13-17, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Central *|
|Mar 27-31, 2017||Online Training Time zone: Canada/Eastern *|
|Mar 6-10, 2017||Munich|
|Apr 3-7, 2017||Frankfurt|
|May 8-12, 2017||Hamburg|
|Jun 12-16, 2017||Berlin|
|Jul 10-14, 2017||Stuttgart|
|Aug 7-11, 2017||Düsseldorf|
|Sep 4-8, 2017||Munich|
|Sep 25-29, 2017||Frankfurt|
|Oct 23-27, 2017||Hamburg|
|Nov 20-24, 2017||Berlin|
|Dec 18-22, 2017||Stuttgart|
|Feb 13-17, 2017||Vienna (iTLS)|
|Feb 13-17, 2017||Rome|
|Apr 3-7, 2017||Milan|
|Jun 19-23, 2017||Rome|
|Sep 18-22, 2017||Milan|
|Nov 13-17, 2017||Rome|
|Dec 11-15, 2017||Milan|
|Feb 14-22, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 14/02,15/02,21/02,22/02|
|Feb 14-22, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 14/02,15/02,21/02,22/02|
|Mar 7-22, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 07/03,08/03,21/03,22/03|
|Apr 4-12, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 04/04,05/04,11/04,12/04|
|Apr 4-12, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 04/04,05/04,11/04,12/04|
|May 9-17, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 09/05,10/05,16/05,17/05|
|Jun 6-14, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 06/06,07/06,13/06,14/06|
|Jun 6-Jul 14, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 06/06,07/06,13/06,14/07|
|Jul 5-13, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English klassikale trainingen 05/07,06/07,12/07,13/07|
|Mar 20-24, 2017||Ljubljana Course language: English *|
|Mar 27-31, 2017 This is a FLEX event||Buenos Aires|
|Online Training Time zone: America/Buenos_Aires|
|Jun 19-23, 2017 This is a FLEX event||Mexico City|
|Online Training Time zone: America/Mexico_City|
|Mar 27-31, 2017 This is a FLEX event||Lima Course language: Spanish|
|Online Training Time zone: America/Lima|