About this Course
This course will teach you advanced programming practices and techniques that will help you develop Windows Store apps. In this course, you will learn how design and develop Windows Store apps, as well as implement advanced features, such as using location information, streaming media to external devices, and integrating with online services. You will also learn how to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and Expression Blend tools.
This course maps to the 70-482 exam.
Who should attend
Before attending this course, students must have:
- 6 to 12 months experience programming in HTML5.
- 3 to 6 months experience using Visual Studio 2013 (including experience in using preview builds).
- Minimum one month of experience working on Windows Store apps.
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1 or more years of experience creating applications for a production environment.
What You Will Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Add animations and transitions in a Windows Store app to improve the user experience.
- Localize the Windows Store app UI.
- Brand the Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for their Windows Store app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components.
- Implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.
- Work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- Capture media with the camera and microphone.
- Create and consume background tasks.
- Discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.
- Implement Windows Store trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.
- Understand how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in Windows Store apps.
- Diagnose problems and monitor application behavior by using tracing and profiling tools and APIs.
Module 1: Windows Store App Essentials
- Review Windows Store App Essentials
- Review Windows Store App Essentials – Under the Hood
Module 2: Implementing Animations and Transitions
- Implementing Animations
- Working with Transitions and Transformations
Module 3: Implementing Globalization and Localization
- Working with Resource File
- Implementing Culture-Specific Formatting
Module 4: Implementing Branding and a Seamless UI for Windows Store Apps
- Introduction to Branding
- Customizing the Splash Screen
- Branding the UI of Your App
Module 5: Advanced Data Scenarios in a Windows Store App
- Implementing Storage Options for a Windows Store App
- Implementing Data Caching
- Advanced File Functionality
Module 6: Creating Reusable Controls and Components
- Working with Custom Controls
- Creating and Using WinRT Components
Module 7: Implementing Advanced Contract Scenarios
- Implementing the Print Contract
- The Play To Contract
- Integrating Contacts and Calendars
- Integrating speech synthesis
- Support PDF files and screenshots
Module 8: The Windows Push Notification Service
- Introduction to the Push Notification Service
- Communicating with the WNS
Module 9: Capturing Media
- Using CameraCaptureUI to Capture Pictures, Video and Audio
- Using MediaCapture to Capture Pictures, Video, or Audio
Module 10: Background Tasks
- Creating Background Tasks
- Using Background Tasks in a Windows Store App
Module 11: Working with Sensors and Devices
- Working with Sensors
- Working with Devices
Module 12: Generating Revenue with Your App
- Implementing Trial Functionality in a Windows Store App
- Implementing In-App Purchases
- Advertising in a Windows Store App
Module 13: Securing Windows Store App Data
- Managing Windows Authentication
- Managing Web Authentication
- Encryption in a Windows Store App
Module 14: Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps
- Tracing and Profiling a Windows Store App
- Creating Animations in a Windows Store App
- Creating Transitions and Transformations in a Windows StoreApp
- Create and Consume the Resource Files
- Apply Culture-Specific Formatting
- Creating a Customized Splash Screen
- Branding a Windows Store App
- Caching Data
- Create and Use a Custom Control
- Use a WinRT Component
- Printing Content
- Integrating the Printing Functionality
- Adding PDF Support
- Manage a Windows Notification Service Channel
- Capturing Video by Using the CameraCaptureUI API
- Capturing an Image by Using the MediaCapture API
- Transfer Files in the Background
- Create and Consume a Background Task
- Using the SimpleOrientationSensor
- Using Location Services
- Using the Windows.ApplicationModel.Store Namespace toSupport Trial App Conversion
- Implementing In-App Purchasing
- Using ACS Authentication
- Encrypting User Information
- Profile Performance
- Profile Memory Usage
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing email@example.com.
|Mar 27-31, 2017||Frankfurt|
|May 2-5, 2017||Hamburg 4 days|
|Jun 6-9, 2017||Berlin 4 days|
|Jul 3-7, 2017||Stuttgart|
|Jul 31-Aug 4, 2017||Düsseldorf|
|Aug 28-Sep 1, 2017||Munich|
|Sep 18-22, 2017||Frankfurt|
|Oct 16-20, 2017||Hamburg|
|Nov 13-17, 2017||Berlin|
|Dec 11-15, 2017||Stuttgart|
|May 2-5, 2017||Milan 4 days|
|Jun 12-16, 2017||Rome|
|Jul 24-28, 2017||Milan|
|Nov 6-10, 2017||Rome|
|Dec 18-22, 2017||Milan|
|Apr 4-12, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 04/04,05/04,11/04,12/04|
|Apr 4-12, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 04/04,05/04,11/04,12/04|
|May 9-17, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 09/05,10/05,16/05,17/05|
|Jun 6-14, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 06/06,07/06,13/06,14/06|
|Jun 6-Jul 14, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 06/06,07/06,13/06,14/07|
|Jul 5-13, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 05/07,06/07,12/07,13/07|
|Mar 20-24, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Buenos_Aires|
|Jun 12-16, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Mexico_City|
|Mar 20-24, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Lima Course language: Spanish|