About this Course
In this course, students will learn essential programming skills and techniques that are required to develop Windows Store apps. This includes a combination of both design and development skills, as well as ensuring that students are comfortable using and making the most of the Microsoft Visual Studio and Expression Blend tools.
This course maps to the 70-481 exam.
Who should attend
Before attending this course, students must have:
- 1 or more years of experience creating applications
- 1 to 3 months experience creating Windows client applications
- 1 to 3 months experience using Visual Studio 2010 or 2012
What You Will Learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the Windows 8 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface.
- Create the User Interface layout and structure.
- Apply the MVVM pattern to application design.
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
- Use templates to create the UI.
- Use data binding to present data in the UI.
- Handle files and streams.
- Design and implement Process Lifetime Management (PLM).
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
- Implement Semantic Zoom.
- Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and Settings.
- Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app.
- Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including gestures.
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store.
Module 1: Overview of the Windows 8.1 Platform and Windows Store Apps
- Introduction to the Windows 8.1 Platform
- Windows 8 UI Principles
- WinRT and Language Projections
Module 2: Single-Page Apps and the MVVM Design Pattern
- Single-Page Applications
- The MVVM Design Pattern
Module 3: Using WinJS
- The WinJS Library
- WinJS APIs
Module 4: Implementing Layout Using Windows 8.1 Controls
- Windows 8.1 Layout Controls
- Implementing WinJS Controls and Templates
- The AppBar Control
- Windowing Modes
Module 5: Presenting Data
- Working with Data Presentation Controls
- The ListView Control
Module 6: Implementing Tiles and User Notifications
- Implementing Tiles, Live Tiles, Secondary Tiles, and Badge Notifications
- Implementing Toast Notifications
Module 7: Handling Files in Windows Store Apps
- Handling Files and Streams in Windows Store Apps
- Working with File User Interface Components
Module 8: Windows Store App Process Lifetime Management
- Process Lifetime Management
- Windows Store App Activation and Background Tasks
- Implementing a State Management Strategy
Module 9: Designing and Implementing Navigation in a Windows StoreApp
- Handling Navigation in Windows Store Apps
- Semantic Zoom
Module 10: Implementing Windows 8.1 Contracts
- Designing for Charms and Contracts
- The Search Contract
- The Share Contract
- Managing App Settings and Preferences
Module 11: Designing and Implementing a Data Access Strategy
- Evaluating Data Access Strategies
- Working with Remote Data
Module 12: Responding to Mouse and Touch
- Working with Mouse Events
- Working with Gesture Events
Module 13: Planning for Windows Store App Deployment
- The Windows Store App Manifest
- Windows Store App Certification
- Exploring the Windows 8 Platform
- Exploring a Windows Store App
- Defining the Data.Model Namespace and Objects
- Using Promises to Load Data Asynchronously
- Implementing an AppBar Control
- Creating Adaptive Views
- Implement the ListView Control
- Enabling Live Tile Functionality on the Main Tile
- Adding Secondary Tiles Functionality
- Writing Data to the Notes File
- Reading Data from the Notes File
- Explore the Different PLM States
- Implement State Management
- Add Navigation to the App
- Implement Semantic Zoom
- Implement the Search Contract
- Implement the Share Contract
- Adding a New Setting to the Settings Pane
- Optional: Implementing Search with the SearchBox Control
- Implement Mouse Events
- Implement Gesture Events
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Mar 20-24, 2017||Frankfurt|
|Apr 24-28, 2017||Hamburg|
|May 29-Jun 2, 2017||Berlin|
|Jun 26-30, 2017||Stuttgart|
|Jul 24-28, 2017||Düsseldorf|
|Aug 21-25, 2017||Munich|
|Sep 11-15, 2017||Frankfurt|
|Oct 9-13, 2017||Hamburg|
|Nov 6-10, 2017||Berlin|
|Dec 4-8, 2017||Stuttgart|
|Apr 10-14, 2017||Milan|
|May 22-26, 2017||Rome|
|Jul 17-21, 2017||Milan|
|Oct 23-27, 2017||Rome|
|Dec 11-15, 2017||Milan|
|Apr 4-12, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 04/04,05/04,11/04,12/04|
|Apr 4-12, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 04/04,05/04,11/04,12/04|
|May 9-17, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 09/05,10/05,16/05,17/05|
|Jun 6-14, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 06/06,07/06,13/06,14/06|
|Jun 6-Jul 14, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 06/06,07/06,13/06,14/07|
|Jul 5-13, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 05/07,06/07,12/07,13/07|
|Mar 13-17, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Buenos_Aires|
|Jun 5-9, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Mexico_City|
|Mar 13-17, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Lima Course language: Spanish|