Designing Self-Service Business Intelligence and Big Data Solutions (20467)
About this Course
This course teaches students how to design and implement a BI infrastructure and helps prepare students for Microsoft Exam 70-467. The course discusses design, installation, and maintenance of a BI platform.
Who should attend
BI professionals, BI Architects or Database Professionals who need to design BI solutions.
- A basic understanding of dimensional modeling (star schema) for data warehouses.
- The ability to create Integration Services packages that include control flows and data flows.
- The ability to create a basic multidimensional cube with Analysis Services.
- The ability to create a basic tabular model with PowerPivot and Analysis Services.
- The ability to create Reporting Services reports with Report Designer.
- The ability to implement authentication and permissions in the SQL Server database engine, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services.
- Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses.
- M10777: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- M10778: Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
What You Will Learn
- Plan the components of a BI solution.
- Plan a BI infrastructure.
- Design a data warehouse.
- Design an ETL solution.
- Plan analytical data models.
- Plan a BI delivery solution.
- Design a Reporting Services solution.
- Design an Excel reporting solution.
- Plan a SharePoint Server BI solution.
- Monitor and optimize a BI solution.
- Plan for BI operations.
Outline: Designing Self-Service Business Intelligence and Big Data Solutions (20467)
Module 1: Planning a BI Solution
- Elements of a BI Solution
- The Microsoft BI Platform
- Planning a BI Project
Module 2: Planning SQL Server Business Intelligence Infrastructure
- Considerations for BI Infrastructure
- Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
Module 3: Designing a Data Warehouse
- Data Warehouse Design Overview
- Designing Dimension Tables
- Designing Fact Tables
- Designing a Data Warehouse Physical Implementation
Module 4: Designing an ETL Solution
- ETL Overview
- Planning Data Extraction
- Planning Data Transformation
- Planning Data Loads
Module 5: Designing Analytical Data Models
- Introduction to Analytical Data Models
- Designing an Analytical Data Model
- Designing Dimensions
- Enhancing Data Models
Module 6: Planning a BI Delivery Solution
- Considerations for Delivering BI
- Common Reporting Scenarios
- Choosing a Reporting Tool
Module 7: Designing a Reporting Services Solution
- Planning a Reporting Services Solution
- Designing Reports
- Planning Report Consistency
Module 8: Designing a Microsoft Excel-Based Reporting Solution
- Using Excel for Data Analysis and Reporting
- PowerPivot for Excel
- Power View for Excel
Module 9: Planning a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning Reporting Services Configuration
- Planning PowerPivot Configuration
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
Module 10: Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
- Overview of BI Monitoring
- Monitoring and Optimizing the Data Warehouse
- Monitoring and Optimizing Analysis Services
- Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
Module 11: Operating a BI Solution
- Overview of BI Operations
- ETL Operations
- Data Warehouse Operations
- Analysis Services Operations
- Reporting Services Operations
- Planning a BI Solution
- Planning a BI Infrastructure
- Designing a Data Warehouse Logical Schema
- Designing a Data Warehouse Physical Implementation
- Designing an ETL Solution
- Comparing Analytical Data Models
- Designing Dimensions and Hierarchies
- Enhancing Analytical Data Models
- Planning a BI Delivery Solution
- Designing a Reporting Services Solution
- Designing an Excel Reporting Solution
- Implementing a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Implementing a PerformancePoint Services
- Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
- Operating a BI Solution
|May 8-12, 2017 Guaranteed to Run||Online Training Time zone: US/Pacific *|
|May 8-12, 2017 Guaranteed to Run||San Francisco, CA *|
|May 29-Jun 2, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|Aug 28-Sep 1, 2017||Quebec City, QC Course language: French *|
|Nov 6-10, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|Jun 6-9, 2017||Hamburg 4 days|
|Jun 26-30, 2017||Frankfurt|
|Jul 24-28, 2017||Berlin|
|Aug 21-25, 2017||Munich|
|Sep 11-15, 2017||Düsseldorf|
|Oct 9-13, 2017||Stuttgart|
|Nov 6-10, 2017||Berlin|
|Dec 4-8, 2017||Frankfurt|
|Jun 6-14, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study Klassikale trainingen: 06/06, 07/06, 13/06, 14/06|
|Jun 6-14, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study Klassikale trainingen: 06/06, 07/06, 13/06, 14/06|
|Jul 5-13, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study Klassikale trainingen: 05/07, 06/07, 12/07, 13/07|
|Jun 19-23, 2017||Ljubljana Course language: English *|
|May 29-Jun 2, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Santiago|
|May 29-Jun 2, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Bogota|
|Oct 8-12, 2017||Doha Course language: English|
|Oct 8-12, 2017||Riyadh Course language: English|
United Arab Emirates
|Oct 8-12, 2017||Dubai Course language: English This course is being delivered by iTLS.|
|Jun 11-15, 2017||Cairo Course language: English|
|Sep 17-21, 2017||Cairo Course language: English|
|Dec 24-28, 2017||Cairo Course language: English|