Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 (20417)
By purchasing this course as e-learning you will receive the same official digital student guide book used in the classroom, as well as 90-day access to:
- HD instructional videos recorded by the top Microsoft Certified Trainers
- Online labs that are available 24/7 – identical to the labs used for classroom based training
- Knowledge checks after each module providing you with instant feedback on your progress
- Learn more about all the advantages of MOC On-Demand
Click here to purchase this course online or contact us to purchase via PO or SATVs.
About this Course
This course is designed for IT professionals who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. The course covers the new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, including management, network infrastructure, storage, access control, virtualization, high availability, and identity federation. Specific technologies covered include Windows PowerShell, Storage Spaces and Internet Small Computer System interface (iSCSI), Active Directory, Hyper-V, implementation of Remote Access solutions such as DirectAccess, VPNs, and Web Application Proxy (WAP). The course also covers Failover Clustering, Federation Services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, and Web Application Proxy integration with Federation Services and Workplace Join.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012, which is the upgrade exam for individuals who hold an MCSA: Windows Server 2008 certification. Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
Who should attend
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators with experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 enterprise environment.
- IT professionals who have obtained the credential MCSA: Windows Server 2008 or have equivalent knowledge.
- IT Professionals wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Data Center, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communication will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2012 credential, which is a pre-requisite for their individual specialities.
- Experience with day-to-day Windows Server 2008 or Widows Server 2008 R2 system administration, management and maintenance tasks in an Enterprise environment
- Obtained the credential Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2008 or have equivalent knowledge
- Note: It is possible to take this course without having the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential once the criteria of equivalent knowledge is met. However, the subsequent taking and passing of the 70-417 upgrade exam will not provide the exam taker with the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential. This credential upgrade path is exclusively for holders of the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Manage Windows Server 2012 by using Windows PowerShell.
- Manage storage in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement network services.
- Implement Remote Access.
- Implement Failover Clustering.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Implement Failover Clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implementing secure data access for users and devices.
- Implement Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012.
Outline: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 (20417)
Module 1: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Installing Windows Server 2012 R2
- Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Remote Management for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012
Module 2: Managing Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell
- Overview of Windows PowerShell
- Using Windows PowerShell to Manage AD DS
- Managing Servers by Using Windows PowerShell
Module 3: Managing Storage in Windows Server 2012
- Storage Features in Windows Server 2012
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring Storage Spaces in Windows Server 2012
- Configuring BranchCache in Windows Server 2012
Module 4: Implementing Network Services
- Implementing DNS and DHCP Enhancements
- Implementing IPAM
- Managing IP Address Spaces with IPAM
- NAP Overview
- Implementing NAP
Module 5: Implementing Remote Access
- Remote Access Overview
- Implementing DirectAccess by Using the Getting Started Wizard
- Implementing and Managing an Advanced DirectAccess Infrastructure
- Implementing VPN
Module 6: Implementing Failover Clustering
- Overview of Failover Clustering
- Implementing a Failover Cluster
- Configuring Highly-Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Maintaining a Failover Cluster
- Implementing a Multisite Failover Cluster
Module 7: Implementing Hyper-V
- Configuring Hyper-V Servers
- Configuring Hyper-V Storage
- Configuring Hyper-V Networking
- Configuring Hyper-V Virtual Machines
Module 8: Implementing Failover Clustering with Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- Overview of the Integration of Hyper-V Server 2012 with Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
- Implementing Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
- Implementing Hyper-V Replica
Module 9: Implementing Secure Data Access for Users and Devices
- Dynamic Access Control Overview
- Implementing DAC Components
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing Access-Denied Assistance
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
Module 10: Implementing AD DS
- Deploying AD DS Domain Controllers
- Configuring AD DS Domain Controllers
- Implementing Service Accounts
- Implementing Group Policy in AD DS
- Overview of Windows Azure Active Directory
- Maintaining AD DS
Module 11: Implementing AD FS
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business-to-Business Federation Scenario
- Implementing Web Application Proxy
- Implementing Workplace Join
Module 12: Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2012
- Monitoring Windows Server 2012
- Implementing Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Server and Data Recovery
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2
- Managing Servers Running Windows Server 2012 by Using Windows PowerShell
- Managing Storage on Servers Running Windows Server 2012
- Implementing BranchCache
- Implementing Network Services
- Implementing DirectAccess
- Implementing Failover Clustering
- Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Implementing Failover Clustering with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V
- Implementing Secure File Access
- Implementing AD DS
- Troubleshooting and Maintaining AD DS
- Implementing AD FS
- Monitoring and Maintaining Windows 2012 Servers
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Jun 5-9, 2017||Milan|
|Aug 28-Sep 1, 2017||Rome|
|Nov 13-17, 2017||Milan|
|Dec 18-22, 2017||Rome|
|Jun 19-27, 2017||Eindhoven 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 19/06,20/06,26/06,27/06|
|Jun 19-27, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study klassikale trainingen 19/06,20/06,26/06,27/06|
|Jul 10-14, 2017||London (Int Hse) *|
|Jun 12-16, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Santiago|
|Jun 12-16, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Bogota|
|Sep 10-14, 2017||Doha Course language: English|
|Sep 10-14, 2017||Riyadh Course language: English|
United Arab Emirates
|Sep 10-14, 2017||Dubai Course language: English This course is being delivered by iTLS.|