Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (20412)
By purchasing this course as e-learning you will receive the same official digital student guide book used in the classroom, as well as 90-day access to:
- HD instructional videos recorded by the top Microsoft Certified Trainers
- Online labs that are available 24/7 – identical to the labs used for classroom based training
- Knowledge checks after each module providing you with instant feedback on your progress
- Learn more about all the advantages of MOC On-Demand
Click here to purchase this course online or contact us to purchase via PO or SATVs.
About this Course
This course focuses on advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Network Load Balancing, Failover Clustering, business continuity and disaster recovery services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control (DAC), and Web Application Proxy integration with AD FS and Workplace Join.
This is the final course in the series of Windows Server 2012 courses that prepare you for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification. This course will prepare you to take Exam 412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, which is the third of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential. Note: Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
Who should attend
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or 2012 enterprise environment.
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the exam 412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services.
- IT Professionals wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Datacenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the MCSA exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 servers day to day in an Enterprise environment.
- Completed MS-20410 and MS-20411 if you are pursuing your MCSA certification
What You Will Learn
- Configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP.
- Address Management (IPAM) with Windows Server 2012.
- Configure and manage iSCSI, BranchCache and FSRM.
- Configure DAC to manage and audit access to shared files.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes locations.
- Implement and configure an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment.
- Implement an AD RMS deployment.
- Implement an AD FS deployment.
- Provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB).
- Implement and validate high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing NLB.
- Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
- Implement a failover cluster, and configure and validate a highly available network service.
- Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
- Implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements.
Outline: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (20412)
Module 1: Implementing Advanced Network Services
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Features
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Implementing IPAM
- Managing IP Address Spaces with IPAM
Module 2: Implementing Advanced File Services
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring BranchCache
- Optimizing Storage Usage
Module 3: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
- Overview of DAC
- Implementing DAC Components
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing Access Denied Assistance
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
Module 4: Implementing Distributed Active Directory Domain Services Deployments
- Overview of Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Deploying a Distributed AD DS Environment
- Configuring AD DS Trusts
Module 5: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services Sites and Replication
- AD DS Replication Overview
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Module 6: Implementing AD CS
- Using Certificates in a Business Environment
- PKI Overview
- Deploying CAs
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
- Managing Certificate Recovery
Module 7: Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services
- AD RMS Overview
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
Module 8: Implementing and Administering AD FS
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business-to-Business Federation Scenario
- Extending AD FS to External Clients
Module 9: Implementing Network Load Balancing
- Overview of NLB
- Configuring an NLB Cluster
- Planning an NLB Implementation
Module 10: Implementing Failover Clustering
- Overview of Failover Clustering
- Implementing a Failover Cluster
- Configuring Highly Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Maintaining a Failover Cluster
- Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
Module 11: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Overview of Integrating Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
Module 12: Implementing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Data Protection Overview
- Implementing Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Server and Data Recovery
- Implementing Advanced Network Services
- Implementing Advanced File Services
- Implementing BranchCache
- Implementing Secure Data Access
- Implementing Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
- Deploying and Configuring CA Hierarchy
- Deploying and Managing Certificates
- Implementing AD RMS
- Implementing AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for External Partners and Users
- Implementing NLB
- Implementing Failover Clustering
- Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Implementing Windows Server Backup and Restore
|Mar 27-31, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Pacific *|
|Apr 3-7, 2017 Guaranteed to Run||Online Training Time zone: US/Pacific *|
|Apr 24-28, 2017 This is a FLEX event||Phoenix/Tempe, AZ *|
|Online Training Time zone: US/Arizona|
|May 22-26, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Central *|
|Jun 5-9, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Central|
|Jul 24-28, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Pacific|
|Aug 10-11, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Pacific 2 days *|
|Aug 14-18, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Pacific *|
|Sep 11-15, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern|
|Sep 18-22, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Pacific *|
|Nov 6-10, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Central|
|Mar 27-31, 2017||Online Training Time zone: Canada/Eastern *|
|Apr 24-28, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|Jun 19-23, 2017||Quebec City, QC Course language: French *|
|Sep 18-22, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|Dec 4-8, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|May 8-12, 2017||Vienna (iTLS)|
|May 8-12, 2017||Rome|
|Jun 19-23, 2017||Milan|
|Sep 18-22, 2017||Rome|
|Nov 20-24, 2017||Milan|
|Dec 11-15, 2017||Rome|
|May 1-9, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study Klassikale trainingen: 01/05, 02/05, 08/05, 09/05|
|Jun 19-27, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study Klassikale trainingen: 19/06, 20/06, 26/06, 27/06|
|Aug 28-Sep 5, 2017||Utrecht 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study Klassikale trainingen: 28/08, 29/08, 04/09, 05/09|
|Aug 28-Sep 5, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study Klassikale trainingen: 28/08, 29/08, 04/09, 05/09|
|Jun 5-9, 2017||Ljubljana Course language: English *|
|May 8-12, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Santiago|
|May 8-12, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Bogota|