Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (20410)
By purchasing this course as e-learning you will receive the same official digital student guide book used in the classroom, as well as 90-day access to:
- HD instructional videos recorded by the top Microsoft Certified Trainers
- Online labs that are available 24/7 – identical to the labs used for classroom based training
- Knowledge checks after each module providing you with instant feedback on your progress
- Learn more about all the advantages of MOC On-Demand
Click here to purchase this course online or contact us to purchase via PO or SATVs.
About this Course
This course is part one in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
This course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V.
This course prepares students for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Exam 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, which is the first of three exams required for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential. Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
Who should attend
- IT professionals who have some knowledge and experience working with Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to install and perform the initial configuration of a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server in an existing Windows server environment.
- Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies who are looking to learn more about Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft technologies, who meet the course prerequisites and are looking to cross-train on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT professionals who are looking to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams. These are a prerequisite for their individual specialties.
- An understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience working with, and configuring, Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Windows Server operating system experience.
- Recommended training: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure (10967) e-learning.
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS.
- Manage Active Directory objects.
- Automate Active Directory administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Implement file and print services.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Implement server virtualization by using Hyper-V.
Follow On Courses
Outline: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (20410)
Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 Overview
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Post-Installation Configuration of Windows Server 2012
- Overview of Windows Server 2012 Management
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell
Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of Domain Controllers
- Installing a Domain Controller
Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Managing User Accounts
- Managing Groups
- Managing Computer Accounts
- Delegating Administration
Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
- Using Command-line Tools for AD DS Administration
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS Administration
- Performing Bulk Operations with Windows PowerShell
Module 5: Implementing IPv4
- Overview of TCP/IP
- Understanding IPv4 Addressing
- Subnetting and Supernetting
- Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv4
Module 6: Implementing Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Overview of the DHCP Server Role
- Configuring DHCP Scopes
- Managing a DHCP Database
- Securing and Monitoring DHCP
Module 7: Implementing DNS
- Name Resolution for Windows Clients and Servers
- Installing a DNS Server
- Managing DNS Zones
Module 8: Implementing IPv6
- Overview of IPv6
- IPv6 Addressing
- Coexistence with IPv4
- IPv6 Transition Technologies
Module 9: Implementing Local Storage
- Overview of Storage
- Managing Disks and Volumes
- Implementing Storage Spaces
Module 10: Implementing File and Print Services
- Securing Files and Folders
- Protecting Shared Files and Folders by Using Shadow Copies
- Configuring Work Folders
- Configuring Network Printing
Module 11: Implementing Group Policy
- Overview of Group Policy
- Group Policy Processing
- Implementing a Central Store for Administrative Templates
Module 12: Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects
- Security Overview for Windows Operating Systems
- Configuring Security Settings
- Restricting Software
- Configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Overview of Virtualization Technologies
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Managing Virtual Machine Storage
- Managing Virtual Networks
- Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Installing Domain Controllers
- Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Automating AD DS Administration by Using Windows PowerShell
- Implementing IPv4
- Implementing DHCP
- Implementing DNS
- Implementing IPv6
- Implementing Local Storage
- Implementing File and Print Services
- Implementing Group Policy
- Increasing Security for Server Resources
- Configuring AppLocker and Windows Firewall
- Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
|Jun 5-9, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Central *|
|Jun 12-16, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Pacific *|
|Jun 19-23, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Pacific *|
|Jun 26-30, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Pacific *|
|Jun 26-30, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Pacific|
|Jul 24-28, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Central *|
|Jul 24-28, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern *|
|Aug 7-11, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern|
|Nov 27-Dec 1, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Central|
|May 29-Jun 2, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|May 29-Jun 2, 2017||Online Training Time zone: Canada/Eastern *|
|Sep 18-22, 2017||Quebec City, QC Course language: French *|
|Nov 27-Dec 1, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|May 29-Jun 2, 2017||Vienna (iTLS)|
|May 29-Jun 1, 2017||Rome 4 days|
|Jul 3-7, 2017||Milan|
|Aug 28-Sep 1, 2017||Rome|
|Oct 2-6, 2017||Milan|
|Nov 13-17, 2017||Rome|
|Jun 29-Jul 7, 2017||Virtual 4 days Course language: English FastTrack - combination of classroom-based training and self-study Klassikale trainingen: 29/06, 30/06, 06/07, 07/07|
|Jul 30-Aug 3, 2017||Doha Course language: English|
|Oct 29-Nov 2, 2017||Doha Course language: English|
|Jul 30-Aug 3, 2017||Riyadh Course language: English|
|Oct 29-Nov 2, 2017||Riyadh Course language: English|
United Arab Emirates
|Jul 30-Aug 3, 2017||Dubai Course language: English This course is being delivered by iTLS.|
|Oct 29-Nov 2, 2017||Dubai Course language: English This course is being delivered by iTLS.|
|May 14-18, 2017||Cairo Course language: English|
|Aug 20-24, 2017||Cairo Course language: English|
|Nov 26-30, 2017||Cairo Course language: English|