Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center (20409)
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to design and implement Microsoft Server Virtualization solutions using Hyper-V and System Center.
Who should attend
- IT Professionals responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining a virtualization infrastructure
- IT Decision Makers who will determine which virtualization product to implement in their data centers
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts
- An understanding of Windows PowerShell
- Evaluate an organization's virtualization requirements and plan for server virtualization.
- Install and configure the Hyper-V server role.
- Create virtual machines, create and manage virtual hard disks and work with snapshots.
- Create and configure virtual machine networks in a Hyper-V environment.
- Implement virtual machine movement and Hyper-V Replica.
- Provide high availability for Hyper-V environment by implementing failover clustering.
- Manage virtual environment by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage networking and storage infrastructure in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Configure and manage Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage clouds by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage services in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Windows Server Backup and Data Protection Manager.
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Evaluating the Environment for Virtualization
- Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
- Overview of System Center 2012 R2 Components
- Evaluating Current Environment for Virtualization
- Extending Virtualization to the Cloud Environment
Module 2: Installing and Configuring the Hyper-V Role
- Installing the Hyper-V Role
- Managing Hyper-V
- Configuring Hyper-V Settings
- Hyper-V Host Storage and Networking
Module 3: Creating and Managing Virtual Hard Disks, Virtual Machines, and Checkpoints
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Machines
- Installing and Importing Virtual Machines
- Managing Virtual Machine Checkpoints
- Monitoring Hyper-V
- Designing Virtual Machines for Server Roles and Services
Module 4: Creating and Configuring Virtual Machine Networks
- Creating and Using Hyper-V Virtual Switches
- Advanced Hyper-V Networking Features
- Configuring and Using Hyper-V Network Virtualization
Module 5: Virtual Machine Movement and Hyper-V Replica
- Providing High Availability and Redundancy for Virtualization
- Implementing Virtual Machine Movement
- Implementing and Managing Hyper-V Replica
Module 6: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Overview of Failover Clustering
- Configuring and Using Shared Storage
- Implementing and Managing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
Module 7: Installing and Configuring System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Integrating System Center and Server Virtualization
- Overview of VMM
- Installing VMM
- Adding Hosts and Managing Host Groups
Module 8: Managing the Networking and Storage Infrastructure in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Managing Networking Infrastructure
- Managing Storage Infrastructure
- Managing Infrastructure Updates
Module 9: Creating and Managing Virtual Machines by Using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Virtual Machine Management Tasks in VMM
- Creating, Cloning, and Converting Virtual Machines
- Overview of Virtual Machine Updating
Module 10: Configuring and Managing the Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Library and Library Objects
- Overview of the Virtual Machine Manager Library
- Working With Profiles and Templates
Module 11: Managing Clouds in Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Introduction to Clouds
- Creating and Managing a Cloud
- Working With User Roles in Virtual Machine Manager
Module 12: Managing Services in Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager and App Controller
- Understanding Services in VMM
- Creating and Managing Services in VMM
- Using App Controller
Module 13: Protecting and Monitoring Virtualization Infrastructure
- Overview of Backup and Restore Options for Virtual Machines
- Protecting Virtualization Infrastructure by Using DPM
- Using Operations Manager for Monitoring and Reporting
- Integrating VMM with Operations Manager
- Evaluating the Environment for Virtualization
- Installing and Configuring the Hyper-V Role
- Creating and Managing Virtual Hard Disks and Virtual Machines
- Creating and Managing Checkpoints and Monitoring Hyper-V
- Creating and Using Hyper-V Virtual Switches
- Creating and Using Advanced Virtual Switch Features
- Configuring and Testing Hyper-V Network Virtualization
- Moving Virtual Machine and Configuring Constrained Delegation
- Configuring and Using Hyper-V Replica
- Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Installing and Configuring System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Network Infrastructure Management
- Managing Infrastructure Storage
- Infrastructure Updates Management
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines by Using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Configuring and Managing the Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Library and Library Objects
- Managing Clouds in Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Managing Services in System Center 2012 R2 VMM and App Controller
- Monitoring and Reporting Virtualization Infrastructure