Advanced Automated Administration with Windows PowerShell (10962)
By purchasing this course as e-learning you will receive the same official digital student guide book used in the classroom, as well as 90-day access to:
- HD instructional videos recorded by the top Microsoft Certified Trainers
- Online labs that are available 24/7 – identical to the labs used for classroom based training
- Knowledge checks after each module providing you with instant feedback on your progress
- Learn more about all the advantages of MOC On-Demand
Click here to purchase this course online or contact us to purchase via PO or SATVs.
About this Course
Learn how to automate and streamline day to day management and administration tasks and functions in your Windows Server Infrastructure.
This three-day course is the follow on course from Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell (10961). It is built on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 and while it is specifically focused on Windows PowerShell v4.0, is also relevant in v2.0 and v3.0 Windows PowerShell environments.
Expand and build upon the knowledge already acquired in course 10961B and focus on building more scalable and usable Windows PowerShell scripts for use in your organization by building your own Windows PowerShell tools. Learn about areas such as the creation of advanced functions, script modules, advanced parameters attributes and controller scripts. Also learn how to make your scripts more robust by learning about handling script errors and the analysis and debugging Windows PowerShell scripts. The course will also cover the use of Windows PowerShell cmdlets with .NET Framework as well as teaching how to configure your Windows Servers using Desired State Configuration and providing an understanding of Windows PowerShell workflow.
The detailed hands on labs and in depth content and learning will help remove manual tasks that you may currently have to perform as an Administrator, allowing you to make your own Windows PowerShell tools for automated, repeated, accurate management and provisioning of your Windows Server infrastructure.
Who should attend
This course is intended for IT Professionals already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration or already experienced in administering and supporting Application servers and services including applications such as Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL. System, Infrastructure and Application Administrators working in a Windows or Windows hybrid environment will all find this course relevant to their day to day jobs and future career and skills development.
The course is also intended for IT Professionals who want to build upon existing Windows PowerShell knowledge and skill to learn how to build their own tools for broader general use in their organization, using any Microsoft or independent software vendor (ISV) product that supports Windows PowerShell manageability.
- Knowledge and experience working with Windows PowerShell or knowledge equivalent to the content covered in course 10961B: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell
- Experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration or already experience in administering and supporting Application servers and services including applications like Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL.
What You Will Learn
- Create Advanced Functions
- Use Cmdlets and Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell
- Write Controller Scripts
- Handle Script Errors
- Use XML Data Files
- Manage Server Configurations by Using Desired State Configuration
- Analyze and Debugging Scripts
- Understand Windows PowerShell Workflow
Outline: Advanced Automated Administration with Windows PowerShell (10962)
Module 1: Creating Advanced Functions
- Converting a Command into an Advanced Function
- Creating a Script Module
- Defining Parameter Attributes and Input Validation
- Writing Functions that use Multiple Objects
- Writing Functions that Accept Pipeline Input
- Producing Complex Function Output
- Documenting Functions by using Content-Based Help
- Supporting -Whatif and -Confirm
Module 2: Using Cmdlets and Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell
- Running Windows PowerShell Commands
- Using Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell
Module 3: Writing Controller Scripts
- Understanding Controller Scripts
- Writing Controller Scripts that Show a User Interface
Module 4: Handling Script Errors
- Understanding Error Handling
- Handling Errors in a Script
Module 5: Using XML Data Files: Reading, Manipulating and Writing Data in XML
Module 6: Managing Server Configurations by Using Desired State Configuration
- Understanding Desired State Configuration
- Creating and Deploying a DSC Configuration
Module 7: Analyzing and Debugging Scripts
- Debugging in Windows PowerShell
- Analyzing and Debugging and Existing Script
Module 8: Understanding Windows PowerShell Workflow
|May 8-12, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Central 5 days *|
|May 31-Jun 2, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Central *|
|May 8-10, 2017||Quebec City, QC Course language: French *|
|Aug 14-16, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|Sep 11-13, 2017||Quebec City, QC Course language: French *|
|Oct 11-13, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|Dec 4-6, 2017||Quebec City, QC Course language: French *|
|May 2-4, 2017||Rome|
|Jul 10-12, 2017||Milan|
|Oct 16-18, 2017||Rome|