Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint for Application Developers (10806)
About this Course
This course is designed to highlight the differentiating features of Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint, and enable participants to implement effective search-driven applications using this add-on. The course builds on 10805A, Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Search for Application Developers. Topics include: product features, search architecture, FAST Web Crawler, FAST Query Language, numeric refiners, FAST Search scopes, linguistic capabilities, advanced content processing, relevancy and ranking.
Who should attend
This course is intended for application developers and advanced system administrators working in the Enterprise Search area to extend FAST Search 2010 for SharePoint.
What You Will Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the product features, benefits, and usage.
- Identity the search architectural components of the product.
- Configure the FAST Web Crawler and describe FAST Search connector capabilities.
- Construct FAST Query Language queries.
- Configure numeric refiners and FAST search scopes.
- Configure linguistics features like keywords, synonyms, stemming, spell checking, and offensive content filtering.
- Implement advanced content processing.
- Implement ranking profiles and optimize search results relevance
Outline: Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint for Application Developers (10806)
Module 1: FAST Search Architecture
Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint is an add-on to Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 which, when applied, can increase your organization's capability to implement enterprise-grade search-driven applications. To help you evaluate the value of FAST Search for SharePoint for your organization, this module provides an introduction to the product from the perspective of both features and system architecture.
- Lesson 1: Product Differentiators
- Lesson 2: Search Architecture
Lab: Architecture Walk Through
- Exercise 1: Architecture Walk Through
Module 2: FAST Specific Connectors
Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint provides additional specialty connectors for processing content from databases, Lotus Notes, and Web sites. This module will examine when these additional connectors should be used and what processing advantages they provide. Configuring and troubleshooting the FAST Search Web Crawler will be covered in detail.
- Lesson 1: Capabilities and Usage
- Lesson 2: FAST Specific Connectors
Lab: FAST Search Web Crawler
- Exercise 1: FAST Web Crawler
Module 3: FAST Query Language
Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint product supports two query languages: Keyword Query Syntax and the FAST Query Language (FQL). FQL provides extended search capabilities to increase both recall and accuracy of your searches. This module will cover the enhanced search capabilities, FQL operators, and offer usage examples.
- Lesson 1: Query Languages Overview
- Lesson 2: FQL Operators and Usage
Lab: FAST Query Language
- Exercise: FAST Query Language
Module 4: Refiners and Scopes
During this module you will explore two topics which can greatly improve your search center. Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint provides a variety of display options for numeric managed properties in the refinement panel. Additionally, FAST Search Scopes can implement complex queries with the FAST Query Language.
- Lesson 1: Extending Refiners
- Lesson 2: FAST Search Scopes
Lab: Refiners and Scopes
- Exercise 1: Refiners
- Exercise 2: Scopes
Module 5: FAST Search Linguistics
Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint has many linguistic features that can improve search relevancy. Some features can be tuned, and other features are configured without additional configuration. This module will cover Keywords and Synonyms, Stemming, Spell Checking, and Offensive Content Filtering. These capabilities are in addition to the Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 linguistic features.
- Lesson 1: Keywords, Synonyms, and Stemming
- Lesson 2: Spell Checking and Offensive Content Filtering
Lab: Working with Linguistics
- Exercise 1: Manage Keywords
- Exercise 2: Stemming
Module 6: Processing Data Content
One of the most important features of Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint is the ability to control how content is processed. This module will cover the basics of content processing as well as more advanced topics. These advanced topics include configuring additional property extractors and integrating external processing applications.
- Lesson 1: Content Processing
- Lesson 2: Property Extraction
- Lesson 3: Extend the Pipeline
Lab: Content Processing
- Exercise 1: Create and Use a Managed Property
- Exercise 2A: Configure Property Extraction
- Exercise 2B: Create a Product Extractor
- Exercise 3: Extend the Pipeline to perform Sentiment Analysis
Module 7: Relevancy and Ranking
In this module you will learn about Business-based Ranking and Rank Profiles. Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint provides many ways to customize and influence how content is ranked in the search results. Therefore, it is important to understand why, when and how to use each one of the customization options. Tuning your relevancy model will greatly improve the end user experience by providing the most relevant items in your search results.
- Lesson 1: Business Based Ranking
- Lesson 2: Working with Rank Profiles
Lab: Relevancy and Ranking
- Exercise 1: Business Based Ranking
- Exercise 2: Rank Profiles
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing email@example.com.
|Mar 9-10, 2017 This is a FLEX event||Santiago|
|Online Training Time zone: America/Santiago|
|Mar 9-10, 2017 This is a FLEX event||Bogotá D.C.|
|Online Training Time zone: America/Bogota|
|Mar 6-7, 2017 This is a FLEX event||Mexico City|
|Online Training Time zone: America/Mexico_City|