Introduction to Web Development with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (10267)
By purchasing this course as e-learning you will receive the same official digital student guide book used in the classroom, as well as 90-day access to:
- HD instructional videos recorded by the top Microsoft Certified Trainers
- Online labs that are available 24/7 – identical to the labs used for classroom based training
- Knowledge checks after each module providing you with instant feedback on your progress
- Learn more about all the advantages of MOC On-Demand
Click here to purchase this course online or contact us to purchase via PO or SATVs.
About this Course
This five-day, instructor-led course gives you the knowledge and skills to develop Web applications using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. This course is for entry level Web Developers who have basic knowledge of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) or Dynamic HTML (DHTML), along with some knowledge of a scripting language such as Visual Basic Scripting Edition or Microsoft Jscript.
Who should attend
Entry level Web Developers
Ability to construct a simple Web page using a Microsoft or 3rd Party tool. For example, create or customize a Web Page on a SharePoint site
What You Will Learn
- Explore ASP.NET Web applications in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- Create Web applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and Microsoft .NET–based languages.
- Create a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form.
- Add functionality to a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form.
- Implement master pages and user controls.
- Validate user input.
- Debug Microsoft ASP.NET Web applications.
- Manage data in an ASP.NET 3.5 Web application.
- Manage data access tasks by using LINQ.
- Manage data by using ASP.NET Dynamic Data.
- Create a Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX application.
- Consume and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services.
- Manage state in Web applications.
- Configure and deploy a Microsoft ASP.NET Web application.
- Secure a Microsoft ASP.NET Web application.
- Implement new technologies supported by Visual Studio 2010 for Web development.
Outline: Introduction to Web Development with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (10267)
Module 1: Exploring Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Introduction to the .NET Framework
- Overview of ASP.NET
- Overview of the Lab Application
Module 2: Creating Web Applications by Using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and Microsoft .NET Based Languages
- Choosing a Programming Language
- Overview of Visual Studio 2010
- Creating a Simple Web Application
Module 3: Creating a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form
- Creating Web Forms
- Adding and Configuring Server Controls in a Web Form
Module 4: Adding Functionality to a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form
- Working with Code-Behind Files
- Handling Server Control Events
- Creating Classes and Components by Using Visual Studio 2010
- Handling Page Events
Module 5: Implementing Master Pages and User Controls
- Creating Master Pages
- Adding User Controls to an ASP.NET Web Form
Module 6: Validating User Input
- Overview of User Input Validation
- ASP.NET Validation Controls
- Validating Web Forms
Module 7: Troubleshooting Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications
- Debugging in ASP.NET
- Tracing in ASP.NET
Module 8: Managing Data in an Microsoft ASP.NET 4.0 Web Application
- Overview of ADO.NET
- Connecting to a Database
- Managing Data
Module 9: Managing Data Access Tasks by Using LINQ
- Overview of LINQ
- Managing XML Data by Using LINQ to XML
- Managing SQL Data by Using LINQ to SQL and LINQ to Entities
Module 10: Managing Data by Using Microsoft ASP.NET Dynamic Data
- Overview of ASP.NET Dynamic Data
- Applying ASP.NET Dynamic Data
- Customizing ASP.NET Dynamic Data Applications
Module 11: Creating a Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax-enabled Web Forms Application
- Introduction to Ajax
- Creating an ASP.NET Ajax Application by Using the Ajax Features for ASP.NET
- Extending an ASP.NET Web Forms Application by Using the Ajax Control Toolkit
Module 12: Consuming Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation Services
- Overview of Windows Communication Foundation Services
- Calling Windows Communication Foundation Services
- Working with WCF Data Services
Module 13: Managing State in Web Applications
- State Management
- ASP.NET Profiles
- ASP.NET Caching
Module 14: Configuring and Deploying a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Application
- Configuring an ASP.NET Web Application
- Deploying an ASP.NET Web Application
Module 15: Securing a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Application
- Overview of Web Application Security
- Declaratively Configuring Authentication and Authorization
- Working Programmatically with Authentication and Authorization
Module 16: Implementing Advanced Technologies Supported by Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for Web Development
- Working with the ASP.NET MVC 2 Framework
- Working with Silverlight 4
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Apr 3-7, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|May 1-5, 2017||Quebec City, QC Course language: French *|
|Jul 10-14, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|Sep 11-15, 2017||Quebec City, QC Course language: French *|
|Nov 6-10, 2017||Montreal, QC Course language: French *|
|Dec 18-22, 2017||Quebec City, QC Course language: French *|
|Jun 12-16, 2017||Rome|
|Sep 25-29, 2017||Milan|
|Dec 11-15, 2017||Rome|
|Apr 17-21, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Buenos_Aires|
|Apr 17-21, 2017||Online Training Time zone: America/Lima Course language: Spanish|