Virtualization Essentials (VIRT101)
About this Course
The Virtualization Essentials Course™ is a 2-day, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course provides a balanced curriculum and addresses the business perspective, the technical organization, and operating and governing virtualization. The course enables participants to successfully complete the associated Virtualization Essentials exam to become a Virtualization Essentials Professional (VEP) with the Cloud Credential Council. In addition, this course complements the Cloud Essentials course. The participants can do the Cloud Essentials course either before or after they have taken the Virtualization Essentials course.
About the Examination:
- The course includes an Exam Preparation module, preparing participants to complete the Virtualization Essentials exam on the second day of the course.
- The online exam is in closed-book format, with 40 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions). The exam lasts for 60 minutes.
- Professionals who have passed both the CompTIA® Cloud Essentials Exam, as well as the CCC Virtualization Essentials Exam are eligible for the Cloud Technology Associate Certificate (www.cloudcredential.org).
Who should attend
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Analysts
- Small and Midsized Business Owners
- Specialist (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, test, and so on)
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- IT Management
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the common terms and definitions of virtualization.
- Comprehend the business benefits and business considerations of virtualization
- Understand various approaches to server virtualization, its relevance to the modern data center, available platforms, and important features.
- Understand the implications of virtualization on storage, networks, and applications, and recognize issues, challenges, and opportunities for managing this.
- Comprehend the implications of virtualization on the modern workplace, and recognize challenges and opportunities for managing this.
- Understand the impact and changes of virtualization on IT service management.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of virtualization techniques, and understand the implications for an organization.
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of virtualization and its financial and strategic impact on an organization.
Outline: Virtualization Essentials (VIRT101)
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Virtualization
- Business Perspective
- The Virtual Data Center: Server Virtualization
- The Virtual Data Center: Storage, Networks, and Applications
- Workplace Virtualization Technologies
- Adopting Virtualization
- Operating Virtualization
- Governing Virtualization
- Exam Preparation