TIPA Assessor for ITIL (TIPPA)
About this Course
Certified TIPA® Assessors for ITIL are skilled professionals who conduct IT process maturity assessments in organizations that use ITIL. The TIPA Assessor for ITIL course prepares these professionals for taking and passing the TIPA Assessor for ITIL Certification Exam.
The TIPA Assessor Course provides a great insight into the concepts and keys components of TIPA that enable them to participate in assessment projects under the supervision of a TIPA Lead Assessor.
Overall, this three-day course will help the participants build their skills in:
- Conducting TIPA related interviews and rating processes according to the TIPA rating scheme.
- Analyzing the process assessment results, suggesting improvements and drawing conclusions about the process maturity using the TIPA toolbox.
During the three days, the participants cover the role of a TIPA Assessor during each of the six phases of an assessment project. The participants learn to “apply” their knowledge through a combination of assignments and a simulation exercise in which they role-play through an assessment project by conducting interviews, rating the processes, performing SWOT analysis, recommending improvements, and presenting the results.
Please note that in order to leverage the TIPA Tool Box upon completion of the course, an Individual and/or organizational membership is required. See more information below.
This 3-day course equips the participant with the ability to perform a process-assessment based on the TIPA method for ITIL®, under the leadership of a TIPA Lead Assessor. The course enables participants to make use of the tools provided in the TIPA toolbox, prepares participants to conduct interviews, assess and rate process or processes, determine the current ITSM process maturity, write the assessment report, and provide recommendations for process optimization.
During this course, participants will be optimally prepared to take and pass the TIPA Assessor for ITIL Certification Exam and become a Certified TIPA Assessor for ITIL.
TIPA Professional Membership for Licensing the Toolbox for Assessor
After completing the course and passing the exam, the candidate must register with TIPA (via www.tipaonline.org) as a TIPA Professional Member and agree to pay an annual fee that entitles him/her to license the TIPA toolbox for Assessor and services such as listing on the official website and yearly updates to the Assessor part of the toolbox. Instructions on the registration process are provided upon successful completion of the exam.More information on membership, cost, terms: http://www.tipaonline.org/membership/professional-membership. Please note that membership fees are sometimes included in course or exam fees.
A certified individual automatically becomes eligible to become a TIPA Professional Member. Becoming a member is a simple registration process that follows the certification process and provides access to the following:
- TIPA Toolbox for Assessor
Note: Only the toolbox components used by the Assessor are shared after the TIPA Assessor for ITIL course while registering as a TIPA Professional Member. For access to the toolbox for Lead Assessor, the professional needs to complete the Lead Assessor certification and upgrade the membership status on the website.
Note about TIPA Organizational Membership
As a Professional Member with access to the toolbox, the member can only use the TIPA framework and toolbox within his/her own company for internal assessments. To offer assessment services commercially (i.e., to other companies), the professional member’s organization must become a TIPA Organizational Member and license the TIPA Intellectual Property and Trademark for commercial use.
Please check the page http://www.tipaonline.org/membership for information pertaining to TIPA Organizational Membership, its benefits and the annual fee applicable, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should attend
- Individuals who play a role in assessing and improving ITIL or ITSM processes in an organization and who would like to know how to use TIPA to assess and improve these processes.
- Individuals who participate in ITIL implementations in organizations and who are interested in understanding how TIPA can help to measure ITIL process-maturity for capability determination (either in a supplier selection process or as a benchmarking tool)
- Individuals who are looking for a turnkey-solution for process assessment to estimate the ROI of ITIL implementations in organizations.
- Individuals who have ITIL or ISO/IEC15504 backgrounds and who want to perform the role of an assessor in a TIPA assessment project.
- Individuals seeking the TIPA Lead Assessor for ITIL certification, for which this qualification is a prerequisite.
- Individuals in typical roles (but not limited to): ITIL/ITSM process owners, process managers, process designers, architects, planners, IT process improvement consultants, internal auditors, IT quality manager, IT security professionals and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination, and integration of ITIL/ITSM processes.
- Hold an ITIL Foundation certificate.
- Have at least 3 years of experience working in an ITIL/ITSM environment and/or experience in process or maturity assessment.
- It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
- Can demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of ITIL/ITSM in their own business environment.
- Have exposure working in IT Service Management within a service provider environment.
- Possess any of the following additional qualifications (highly desirable): ITIL Expert, ITIL Service Manager, 10 credits accrued through ITIL intermediates.
What You Will Learn
- Get a global understanding of standard process assessment (as of ISO/IEC 15504 soon to become ISO/IEC 33000)
- Understand the ITSM process descriptions proposed by TIPA, in relation with ITIL.
- Use the tools provided in the TIPA toolbox to perform each of the activities conducted by a TIPA Assessor during the phases of the assessment project
- Understand the difference between process purpose, process outcomes, base practices, work products, process attributes and generic practices
- Use the TIPA model to conduct interviews
- Rate the maturity level of processes based on the interviews against the TIPA rating scale
- Perform a SWOT analysis based on evidence found
- Propose improvement recommendations according to the context of the organization
- Write a report based on templates and structures provided by the TIPA toolbox
- Explain the TIPA assessment method and process model structure
- Know how to apply the principles of ISO/IEC 15504 in relation to ITIL processes
Outline: TIPA Assessor for ITIL (TIPPA)
- Course Introduction
- TIPA for Process Assessment of IT Service Management
- Roles in the TIPA Project
- Definition and Preparation Phases
- Assessment Phase
- Assessment Phase
- Analysis Phase
- Results Presentation and Closure Phase
- Introduction to Simulation
- Simulation (cont’d)
- Exam Preparation/Mock Exam
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Request a date