Professional Cloud Security Manager (PCSM)
About this Course
The aim of this course is to explore relevant concepts related to security, risk, and compliance within the cloud computing environment. The objectives for this course are to enable the candidates to apply the underpinning security concepts into an enterprise cloud computing environment. The risks and the impact of cloud computing must be understood in terms of both business and technical security challenges and their effect on business and technical governance and policy. The course also presents the terminologies used to describe security threats and issues and, in particular, those in cloud computing.
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to understand how to secure the different cloud computing services and deployment models and also how to design security in the cloud infrastructure, configurations and applications running within a cloud computing environment. This course provides an overview of different security topics, such as identifying, categorizing, and protecting your assets within an enterprise cloud computing environment. It helps in understanding, applying and analyzing how to manage access to cloud computing resources using accounts, users and groups; and ways that the security manager can secure the data, operating systems, and applications and overall infrastructure within the cloud.
The course materials include comprehensive reference materials that help participants continue the educational experience after the course. The Cloud Security Manager course prepares candidates for the Professional Cloud Security Manager (PC5M) exam provided by the Cloud Credential Council. The Cloud Security Manager course is endorsed, recognized and supported by several key technology vendors and Standards bodies.
About the Examination
The Cloud Security Manager Certification is the most recognized and well-respected professional certification provided by the Cloud Credential Council (CCC). Professional certifications are awarded to candidates who have completed an approved certification-training program. Information on recommended follow-on training courses, including approved technology certification, is available from the Cloud Credential website (www.cloudcredential.org).
Who should attend
- IT Security Professionals
- IT Risk and Compliance Professionals
- Auditors of Cloud Computing Services
- Network Engineers/Administrators
- Email System Administrators
Five years of Enterprise Security experience and solid understanding of Cloud Computing Services and Deployment models (reference NIST SP 800-145).
What You Will Learn
- Explain what it takes to secure the different cloud computing services and deployment models.
- Explain design security regarding the cloud infrastructure, configurations, and applications running within a cloud computing environment.
- Explain, apply, and analyze how to manage access to cloud computing resources using accounts, users, and groups.
- Explain, apply, and analyze the ways of securing data, operating systems, and applications and overall infrastructure within the cloud.
Outline: Professional Cloud Security Manager (PCSM)
- Course Introduction
- Cloud Computing Security, Governance and Risks
- Security Threats and Challenges in Cloud Computing
- Recap Day 1
- Review Day 1
- Security Management in Cloud Computing
- Legal, Contract, and Operational Monitoring in Cloud
- Network Security Management in the Cloud
- Recap Day 2
- Review Day 2
- Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Capacity, and Performance Planning
- Platform Security Management
- Secure Software, Application, and Services in Cloud
- Course Review
- Exam Prep
- Self-Study and Q & A
- Exam (if taken on the same day)