P3O Foundation (P3O)
About this Course
P3O is the Axelos standard for the design of decision-making processes regarding changes in organizations. P3O provides a guideline for the design of portfolio, program, and project offices in organizations.
The P3O Foundation course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course covers the curricula of both foundation and practitioner level. The P3O Foundation level content provides you with sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidance to interact effectively with, or act as an informed member of, an office within a P3O model. It enables you to successfully complete the associated P30 Foundation exam and achieve the qualification.
In this course, you will be prepared to successfully attempt the P3O Foundation exam and learn how to implement or re-energize a P3O model in their own organization.
Who should attend
- Portfolio Managers
- Program Directors
- Senior Members of a Portfolio, Program, or Project Bureau
There are no formal prerequisites.
What You Will Learn
- Define a high-level P3O model and its component offices.
- List the component offices in a P3O model.
- Differentiate between Portfolio, Program, and Project Management.
- List the key functions and services of a P3O.
- List the reasons for establishing a P3O model.
- Compare different types of P3O model.
- List the factors that influence selection of the most appropriate P3O model for an organization.
- Define the processes to implement or re-energize a P3O.
Outline: P3O Foundation (P3O)
- Introduction to P3O
- Designing a P3O Model
- Why Have a P3O
- How to Implement or Re-Energize a P3O
- How to Operate a P3O