MOP Foundation & Practitioner (MOPFP)
About this Course
In this MoP Foundation & Practitioner Course participants will learn the key aspects of the Management of Portfolios (MoP) methodology. MoP helps organizations ensure if the investments are done in the right change initiatives and implementing them correctly. This is achieved by:
- Prioritizing the programs and projects in terms of their contribution to the organization’s strategic objectives and overall level of risk.
- Managing the programs and projects consistently to ensure efficient and effective delivery.
- Maximizing the benefit by providing the greatest return from the investment made.
Who should attend
- Those aimed at those involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision making, project and program delivery, and benefits realization.
- Those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives.
- Experienced portfolio managers, managing large and complex portfolios of change initiatives.
- Members of portfolio offices and senior managers (e.g., financial managers, quality managers) involved in setting strategic goals and giving direction to the organization’s portfolio of changes.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, candidates are required to have passed the MoP Foundation exam in order to be certified at the Practitioner level.
What You Will Learn
Individuals certified at the MoP Foundation level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- Define the scope and objectives of portfolio management and how it differs from program and project management.
- List the benefits of applying portfolio management.
- Explain the context it operates in.
- List the principles successful portfolio management is based on.
- List the different approaches to implement MoP.
- List the factors to maintain progress and how to assess the success of portfolio management.
- State the purpose and key content of the major portfolio documents.
- Define the scope of key portfolio management roles.
Individuals certified at the MoP Practitioner level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- Defining the business case to get senior management approval for portfolio management.
- Planning the implementation of portfolio management.
- Selecting and adapting MoP principles, practices, and techniques to suit different organizational environments.
- Evaluating examples of MoP information including documents and role descriptions.
- Analyzing the solutions adopted in relation to a given scenario.
Outline: MOP Foundation & Practitioner (MOPFP)
- Background of the methodology
- The MoP Principles:
- Senior Management Commitment
- Governance Alignment
- Strategy Alignment
- Portfolio Office
- Energized Change Culture
- The MoP definition cycle
- Roles and responsibilities
- The MoP Delivery cycle:
- Management control
- Benefits management
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Organizational governance
- Resource management
- The MoP framework
- Sample Foundation exam
- Designing and setting up the Portfolio office
- Overview of P3O and P3M3, including smaller case studies
- Implementing and customizing the MoP model
- Sample Practitioner exam
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Request a date