MoP Foundation (MOP)
About this Course
In this MoP Foundation course, participants will acquire the sufficient knowledge and understanding of the principles, cycles, practices, techniques, roles, responsibilities, documents, and organizational context within which portfolio management operates. MoP helps organizations ensure if the investments are done in the right change initiatives and implementing them correctly. This is achieved by:
- Prioritizing the programs and projects in terms of their contribution to the organization’s strategic objectives and overall level of risk.
- Managing the programs and projects consistently to ensure efficient and effective delivery.
- Maximizing the benefit by providing the greatest return from the investment made.
Who should attend
- Members of Management Boards
- Directors of Change
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs)
- Portfolio, program, project, business change and benefits managers
- Business case writers
- Project appraisers
There are no formal prerequisites. However, candidates are required to have passed the MoP Foundation exam in order to be certified at the Practitioner level.
What You Will Learn
- Define the scope and objectives of portfolio management and how it differs from program and project management.
- List the benefits of applying portfolio management.
- Explain the context it operates in.
- List the principles upon which successful portfolio management is based on.
- List the different approaches to implement MoP.
- List the factors required to maintain the progress and assess the success of portfolio management.
- State the purpose and key content of the major portfolio documents.
- Define the scope of key portfolio management roles.
Outline: MoP Foundation (MOP)
Day 1 Introduction
- Background of the methodology
- The MoP Principles
- The MoP Definition Cycle
- Roles and Responsibilities
- The MoP Delivery Cycle
- The MoP Framework
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Request a date