Kepner-Tregoe® Problem Management (KTPM)
This course is designed exclusively for learners who have successfully completed the KT Foundation course and is the next step in developing expertise in the area of Problem Management towards becoming a high performance “trouble-shooter”.
Participants will have already learned an overview of the core KT skills— Situation Appraisal, Problem Analysis, Decision Analysis and Potential Problem Analysis. During the KT Problem Management workshop they will be introduced to additional Problem Analysis skills to find root cause:
The use of ‘Distinctions and Changes’—a critical approach in isolating causes of complex problems Solving Start-up Problems—often times the toughest to solve Solving Recurring Problems—they drive up your incident volume and negatively impact your customer satisfaction ‘Think Beyond the Fix’—move from reactive to proactive problem management
Who should attend
This two-day course is beneficial for service-desk staff, analysts, problem and incident managers, auditors, quality managers, operators, technicians, engineers and others responsible for customer service and support.
Individuals with ITIL® intermediate qualifications in Service Operation (SO) or Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) will find the Kepner-Tregoe course extremely beneficial in improving their problem and incident management
Participants need to have successfully completed the Kepner-Tregoe Foundation Course and Exam.
- A discovery case to assesscurrent approaches to Problem Management and compare them to the KT approach
- “Process teaches” whichintroduce the KT concepts in a step-by-step approach
- A series of case studies which allow participants to test their understanding of the techniques in a structured/simulatedenvironment
- Coaching and feedback bythe instructor to reinforce the learning
- Structured discussions about how the KT processes getimplemented to drive hard results