ITIL Foundation Plus Cloud Introduction (FPCI)
About this Course
Cloud computing has become a reality and organizations across the globe are looking for a training solution in order to build cloud competencies in their organization to properly manage, utilize and govern new technologies. This exciting and dynamic 3-day course, fully updated for ITIL 2011, introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. The course also gives you an introduction to cloud computing and an understanding of the impact and changes cloud computing has on IT service management.
As well as an engaging, case study based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice, this course also positions the participant to successfully complete the associated exam, required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate level training courses.
The ITIL best practice is composed of five core disciplines: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement. These disciplines represent a service life cycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value, ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
Who should attend
- IT Management
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
None, although a familiarity with IT service delivery is beneficial.
What You Will Learn
- Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management.
- Understand the common terms and definitions of cloud computing.
- Distinguish between the different types of clouds and give examples of them.
- Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Identify the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the relationship of each component of the Service Lifecycle and how they map to other components.
- Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle.
- Recognize what types of organizations might benefit from cloud computing.
- Understand the impact and changes of cloud computing on IT service management in a typical organization.
- Use a structured approach, based on ITIL, to explore the potential impact of cloud computing in your organization.
Outline: ITIL Foundation Plus Cloud Introduction (FPCI)
- Course introduction
- Service Management as a Practice
- Service Lifecycle
- Service Strategy
- Cloud Computing
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Review Day 1 and Day 2
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
- Technology and Architecture
- Exam Preparation and Evaluation