COBIT 5 Foundation Course (COBIT5FC)
About this Course
The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework, using a logical and example-driven approach for anyone interested in obtaining COBIT foundation level knowledge. COBIT 5 Foundation is the first step, and a prerequisite, to enroll into the advanced level courses (e.g. COBIT Assessor, COBIT Implementation).
About the Examination
- The COBIT 5 Foundation Exam (and preparation) are only included in the 3-day course.
- The 3-day course includes an Exam Preparation module, which prepares participants to take the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam on the third day of the course.
- The exam is in closed-book format with 50 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 50%. The exam lasts for 40 minutes. The exam is available as web-based or paper-based.
Who should attend
A wide range of business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5 and what the framework can provide their organization.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that you have experience in the IT governance domain.
What You Will Learn
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for the use of COBIT 5
- Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5 processes
- Need for capability assessments
- COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
- Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
Outline: COBIT 5 Foundation Course (COBIT5FC)
- Why COBIT? IT Governance and Management Challenges
- An Introduction
- Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- Introduction to COBIT 5 – Enabling Processes
[*]The COBIT Processes [*]The COBIT Process Components [*]Process Capability Assessments [*]Other Governance and Management Enablers
Day 3 (optional)
- Exam preparation guidance
- Revision Recap – Key COBIT 5 facts for the exam
- Practice Exam
- Self Study
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. You can schedule a private, onsite training session or request a public date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Apr 20-21, 2017||Mainz *|
|May 18-19, 2017||Mainz *|
|Jun 22-23, 2017||Mainz *|