Cloud Essentials (CLOUD101)
The Cloud Essentials Course™ is a 2-day, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. This introductory course provides a balanced curriculum and addresses the business and technical perspectives of cloud computing. It will also explain how to adopt, operate, and govern the cloud. The course enables participants to successfully complete the associated CompTIA® Cloud Essentials Exam to become Cloud Essentials Certified. In addition, the course complements the Virtualization Essentials course, which they can do either before or after they have taken the Cloud Essentials course.
- This course has been designated as CompTIA Approved Quality Content
- Cloud Essentials courseware is tested by ProCert Labs
- Cloud Essentials Courseware is accredited by the Cloud Credential Council
About the Examination:
- The course includes an Exam Preparation module, preparing participants to complete the CompTIA Cloud Essentials™ Exam on the second day of the course.
- The exam consists of 50 questions, the passing score is 720 (on a scale of 900), and is web-based in English, Japanese and Portuguese.
- Professionals who have passed both the CompTIA Cloud Essentials Exam, as well as the CCC Virtualization Essentials Exam are eligible for the Cloud Technology Associate Certificate (www.cloudcredential.org).
Who should attend
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Analysts
- Small and Mid-Size Business Owners
- Specialist (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, test, and so on)
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- IT Management
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain.
- Understand the common terms and definitions of cloud computing.
- Understand the business benefits and business considerations of cloud computing.
- Understand cloud computing from a technical perspective and recognize the various techniques, methods, challenges, and types of clouds.
- Understand the impact and changes of cloud computing on IT service management.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of cloud computing and understand the implications for organizations.
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of cloud computing and its financial and strategic impact on an organization.
Detailed Course Outline
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Business Perspective
- Technical Perspective
- Adopting the Cloud
- Operating in the Cloud
- Governing the Cloud
- Exam Preparation