ITIL® CSI Lifecycle Course (CSI)
Who should attend
The CSI Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the CSI stage of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals working in or new to a CSI environment who require and understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
This 3-day course immerses learners in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the CSI stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
The Course includes the opportunity to take the exam at the end of class, and if necessary, Fast Lane will provide you with a free re-take.
Candidates for this course must:
- Hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
Upon completion of this course and examination, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and CSI principles, purpose and objective
- Understanding how all CSI processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The sub-processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the CSI processes
- The roles and responsibilities within CSI and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure CSI performance
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of CSI
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with CSI
Course Organizational Logistics:
- A maximum of 18 people can attend this course with 1 instructor
- Classroom with U-shaped seating arrangement
- 2 break out rooms where available
- Whiteboard, flipchart, projector
- Previous ITIL Certificate numbers need to be provided prior to the start of the course
- Course runs 08:00 – 5:30 each day – the exam can be scheduled from 4:00 – 5:30 on the last day
Course Student Material
- Students receive a copy of the classroom presentation material, practice exam, case study, homework and assignments.
- ITIL best practice core books are available as electronic .pdf, printed book and online subscription versions.
About the Examination:
- Evidence of ITIL Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of CSI Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the CSI book in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILV3QualificationScheme.asp
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL CSI Lifecycle exam, the student will be recognized with 3 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.
- Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 21
Duration: 3 days
- US$ 2,095
- US$ 2,095
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Training date request