Introduction to Python Programming (IPP)
About this Course
Geared for experienced programmers, Introduction to Python Programming is a hands-on Python training course that provides a solid foundation in basic terminology and concepts, extended and built upon throughout the engagement. Processes and best practices are discussed and illustrated through both discussions and group activities.The Python training course provides insight to the features of Python that make it an excellent choice for projects of virtually any size.Attending students will be led through a series of topics comprised of integrated lectures, extensive hands-on lab exercises, group discussions and comprehensive demonstrations.
Who should attend
This in an introductory- level Python training course designed for programmers with basic development skills in any programming language. This Python training course is appropriate Software Developers, Systems Administrators, and Quality Assurance personnel, as well as anyone else who wants to automate or simplify common tasks with the use of Python scripts.
A working, user-level knowledge of Unix/Linux, Mac, or Windows.
What You Will Learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the uses for Python in software development, testing and systems administration environments
- How to develop Python applications for a variety of uses
- Packaging and distribution of Python applications and modules
- Communicating with a SQL database using Python
- Use Python for developing automated test scripts
Outline: Introduction to Python Programming (IPP)
Python Overview and History
- Why Python?
- How to run Python applications
- Python configuration details
- Program structure
- Basic operations
- Basic arithmetic operations
Complex Types and Operators
Tuple and List manipulation
Statements and Control Structures
- 'If' statements
- 'While' loops
- 'For' loops
- Function Basics
- Scope rules
- Functions as arguments
- Module Basics
- Importing and Reloading modules
- What is a class?
- What is an Object?
- Class basics
- Writing methods
- Operator overloading
- DB Interfaces
- Connecting to the Server
- Executing SQL Statements
- Parameterized Statements
- Downloading and installing NumPy
- Array slicing with NumPy
- Array arithmetic
- Numeric functions