Introduction to IOT - The Transformation of Industries through IOT (Retail) (IOTR)
This course is designed to enable Partner Account Manager to start a conversation around IoT in the Retail sector. Each industry has different challenges and a different market, so the application of and value by IoT will depend on specific vertical knowledge.
Students will take away a sound understanding of the challenges in Retail, the market economics and drivers, scenarios for IoT in Retail, the potential stakeholders within and beyond IT - and primarily how to start a conversation with them.
Additionally, students will understand the Cisco IoT system and building blocks based on a case study. Equipped with this knowledge, students are able to approach (new) stakeholders in order to position Cisco IoT and discover new opportunities.
Who should attend
Account Managers and Business Developers
What You Will Learn
After the course, participants are empowered:
- Understand the transformative power of the IoT
- Know the Cisco IoT System & validated designs
- Understand the macro-economic challenges of the Retail sector.
- Identify how IoT helps to transform and creates value in Retail (building blocks & solutions)
- Evaluate IoT use cases and how they change KPI’s
- Start a business-led conversation
- Get on track – plan actions and use Cisco resources
Outline: Introduction to IOT - The Transformation of Industries through IOT (Retail) (IOTR)
Part 1 - Transformation through Digitalisation – with Cisco IoT & IoE
- Introduction participants & facilitators; setting scene and show agenda for day
- IoT as a driver for transformation: a brief overview on IoT as a technology as well as a driver for the digitalization of life and business; Internet of Things as part of the ‚Internet of Everything’ drives the digitalisation of industries – clarification/definition
- Overview on IoT in business - from ‚create’ to ‚decide’; how IoT changes the way companies make decisions, and how Cisco participates (CCAAD: create, communicate, aggregate, analyze, decide) – component overview
Part 2 - Macro-economics in Retail – an opportunity for IoT
- The new reality :macro-economical challenges in Retail: providing background knowledge about the Retail sector (market forces, legal, economical etc. by using PESTLE)
- working example: analysis of Retail vertical by applying PESTLE
- Retail Transformation Presentation
Part 3 - Cisco IoT system – overview
- How Cisco participates: „The Cisco IoT System“, validated designs for IoT solutions
- What is the solution, overview and product components, retail ecosystem partners, competitive landscape.
- Cisco IoT system launch presentation
Part 4 - Connected Industry – Retail
- IoT & IoE in the Retail sector: Cisco building blocks and solutions, Key Buyers and their care-abouts, key outcome of Cisco IoT for Retail.
- Retail solution presentation
- Defining IoT use cases – working with use cases in order to discover the potential of IoT: „What-if-scenarios“ with embedded IoT in a certain business process or use case (e.g. Coffee Partner example)
- Exercise: pick a use case and define impact of IoT (KPI’s), buyers and care-abouts
- Understand the stakeholders in ‘Retail’ use cases: understand whom to address with IoT beyond IT, their individual challenges, potential value, how to approach them - draft the buying center – draft messaging
Part 5 - Cisco offerings & services
- Next steps, certifications, service offerings, sales tools & resources, enablement, programs etc.
Q&A and Feedback
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Request a date