The Transformation of Industries Boot Camp (IOEBC)
This course is designed to enable Business Consultants and Advisors starting a conversation around Cisco IoE with their customers. By the year 2020, an entire generation, will have grown up in a primarily digital world. Computers, the Internet, mobile devices, social networking, video and digital content — all are second nature to members of this group. Every company in every industry will be dramatically affected by the digitalization and it will be the responsibility of the top teams to lead the change by building the right capabilities for their companies to remain relevant in the digitized environment, achieve growth, and fend off competitive threats. New technology deployments and related investments will add up to more than even the largest and wealthiest enterprises can afford. The companies that embrace and deploy digitalization in the right places at the right time will define competition.
To not only survive the digitalization but also use it to their advantage, companies need to be clear about their digital strategy and focus on the digital capabilities they are going to build along the value chain. To make this happen, organizations must converge business & IT and consider IT as a strategic building block for a digitized business, and IT leaders must change their attitude and behavior to become business relevant. Cisco’s IoE solution can be a very valuable building block for such companies, enabling key business capabilities while at the same time mitigating the risks of digitalization. Students must take away a sound understanding of the industry’s challenges, the market, the potential stakeholders outside and inside IT - and primarily how to drive the conversation with them.
Who should attend
- Business Consultants
- Business Advisors
- Business Development Managers
- Senior IT Managers
- Understand the transformative power of digitalization
- Validate the macro-economical challenges driven by digitalization
- Know the Cisco ‘Internet of Everything’ approach and solution portfolio
- Identify how Cisco IoE helps to transform and create value for organizations
- Explore the motivation of stakeholders inside and beyond IT
Detailed Course Outline
PART 1: IMPACT OF DIGITALIZATION
Digitalization as a driver for business transformation: a brief overview on Cisco IoT as a technology and a driver for change and innovation.
- Describe the Internet and its evolution to the Internet of Everything
- Explain the interconnection of people, processes, data and things that forms the Internet of Everything
- Understand the ‘tsunami’ created by nexus of different technologies in and outside of IT
- Review the potential of innovation through IoE
Exploring the macro-economical challenges driven by digitalization: reflecting on influencing factors, organizational challenges and desired outcomes (market forces, legal, economical etc. by using the Business Model Canvas and other tools)
- Validate the potential for incremental value and innovative business models by applying IoE
- Reflect of changes of business models and its disruptive force by analyzing practical use cases - exercise using common business consulting tools and methodologies
Pave the way into new business models by converging Business & IT: unhide the potential value creation if IT becomes a cornerstone of organizational strategy.
- Review use-cases of business value created by adoption of IoE
- Reflect on business consulting methodologies and tools unhiding the value of IT in an IoE environment
PART 2: CISCO IOE APPROACH AND SOLUTION PORTFOLIO
Exploring the Cisco IoE approach and solution portfolio
- Validate Cisco’s IoE strategy and direction
- Overview on Cisco IoE solution portfolio
- Understanding the value provided by Cisco IoE
- Analyze the business value of Cisco’s validated designs and use cases
Use-cases for IoE - example: diving into a specific implementation by showing 2-3 use cases of IoE, focused on problems solved, innovation, value creation
- View on some successful IoE use-cases
- Analyzing the business value provided by these use-cases
- Understanding how the Cisco IoE solution is directly linked to the business outcome in this use-case
- Discussion: why IoE, why Cisco, why now?
Identifying existing or potential risks, road-blockers, and/or objections - expire strategies to mitigate them.
- Understand the requirement for ‘digitalization change management’
- ‘challenger strategy’ versus ‘evolution strategy’
- Identifying potential risks involved in IoE approaches
- Discussion: best practices for a digitalization strategy
PART 3: THE REQUIREMENT FOR IT & BUSINESS CONVERGENCE
Understanding the challenges of today's IT organizations
- Requirement for fast IT in a digitized world
- Build, buy or partner for IoE?
- Understand the need for behavioral change in today's IT organizations
- Discussion statement: “It’s easier to replace you than to convince you.”
Understand stakeholders: whom to address with IoE in and beyond IT, their individual challenges, potential value, how to approach them - draft the decision making unit.
- Analyzing the IoE decision making unit in and outside IT
- Validate the multi-layer messaging required for IoE projects
- Using MR FAB methodology to develop multi-layer messaging
- Review the need for storytelling to carry an IoE message
Next steps, potential new service offerings for business consultants, Cisco tools & resources, enablement, programs etc.
- Understand how Cisco can help in an IoE environment
- Validate current service gaps and how to develop new consulting offerings
- Reflection: new opportunities in IoE together with Cisco