FlexPod in a Microsoft Environment (FPMS)
Business and Agency leaders are laying out clear mandates for their IT infrastructure teams; Provide IT services on par with Cloud IT Service Providers. This means offering common Cloud provider benefits including a lower cost, secure yet elastic IT infrastructure with automated rapid resource deployment and always on capability.
Learn how a validated architecture of integrated IT components, such as FlexPod, is an essential part of your customer’s journey to the Cloud delivering Cloud IT benefits.
FlexPod is an agile converged data center platform with consolidated server, networking, and storage elements that can host multiple applications sharing resources across different departments and organizations. The FlexPod platform has been jointly tested and validated by Cisco and NetApp across leading hypervisors, applications and operating systems in virtualized and bare-metal environments. Combining a FlexPod platform with Orchestration Management Software and a strategy to consolidate-virtualize-automate IT resource delivery will enable a successful journey to the Cloud for your customers and their IT infrastructure teams.
This course teaches you how to articulate to your customer why a FlexPod solution is an essential part of any customers cloud compute strategy to deliver the rapid delivery and lower cost benefits of Cloud delivered IT services in a Microsoft environment.
Who should attend
This course is intended for Account Managers and Sales staff for Partners
A background in networking and solution sales is strongly recommended.
As a result of having attended this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the essential characteristics and the key requirements for cloud computing, with a focus on "what it can do" vs. "what it is".
- Identify successful strategies for a customer's cloud deployment
- Understand how a FlexPod architecture helps reduce OPEX, CAPEX and software license cost; radically improves application delivery times; increases resource utilization and improves business agility and continuity.
- Articulate a FlexPod value proposition to various customers’ organization and markets.
- Understand how UCS and NetApp management integration with Microsoft System Center 2012 and Virtual Machine Manager can improve agility and significantly reduce operational costs.
- Identify cloud computing opportunities by addressing post server virtualization issues in a Data Center.
- Articulate Cisco’s vision for the evolution of server technology as it relates to cloud computing strategies.
- Identify the competitors and markets for FlexPod.
- Explain the benefits of deploying virtual services and orchestration in a Microsoft environment with a FlexPod architecture
Detailed Course Outline
1: FlexPod and the Cloud
- Data Center Evolution from Siloes to the Cloud
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Cisco InterCloud Overview
- The Data Center of the Future
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Hyper-V on FlexPod
- FlexPod architectural and configuration overview
- FlexPod Positioning and Value Proposition
- Cisco Validated Designs
2: FlexPod Components
- Cisco UCS Overview
- Identify UCS building blocks
- Cisco UCS Mini
- The benefits of a Unified Fabric
- Fabric Extenders, Adapter-FEX and VM-FEX
- Cisco UCS Manager
- Cisco UCS Central
- Cisco UCS Director
- Agile Server Provisioning and Operations
- Cisco UCS Compute Portfolio
- Intel Xeon Processor Family
- Overview of Xeon E5-Series and E7-Series processors
- NetApp Storage Overview
- Clustered Data ONTAP
- Storage Efficiency
- FlexPod Scalability
- Data Protection
- Microsoft Private Cloud
- Microsoft System Center 2012
- FlexPod Management Architecture and Integration
- FlexPod with Microsoft Private Cloud v3 Design Guides
- Microsoft Private Cloud Reference Model
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Evolution
- Microsoft Hyper-V and the Virtual Machine Manager
- Cisco Nexus 1000v
- Nexus 1000v overview
- Cisco Network Services Controller - Nexus 1100
- Virtual Appliances offerings - Virtual Security Gateway (VSG), vWAAS,
- ASA 1000v and VSM)
3: Qualifying the Customer
- Identifying the Customer requirements
- Windows 2003 Migration
- Key Application Requirements
- FlexPod Sizing Rationale and Sizing Tools
- Cloud Computing Opportunities
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Batch Data Processing, BC/DR
4: The Competition and Key Markets
- Competitive Overview
- HP CloudSystem Matrix
- Dell Active System
- IBM PureSystems
- IBM VersaStack
- EMC VSPEX
- VCE Vblock
- Oracle Exadata and ExaLogic
- Vertical Markets