Data Center Foundation For Account Managers (DCFAM)
About this Course
This one day instructor led class foundation course is for Account Managers who need to understand and position Cisco Data Center solutions in the market, in order to increase their business profitability and income.
Who should attend
- Account Managers
- Business Development Managers
To attend this training, it is necessary to have some prior knowledge on networking components and terminology. It is also recommended to have previously sold generic Data Center and virtualization solutions.
What You Will Learn
By the end of the class, you will be able to:
- Understand Data Center business and operational challenges
- Describe Cisco Data Center networking architectures
- Describe Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric solutions
- Describe Cisco Data Center Storage Networking solutions
- Describe Cisco Data Center Unified Computing solutions
- Identify Cisco Data Center Business Solutions
Outline: Data Center Foundation For Account Managers (DCFAM)
1: Data Center Overview
- Data Center challenges
- Identifying the operational and business challenges that are prevalent in today’s Data Centers
- Data Center architectures
- Detailing the transition from a siloed architecture to a service oriented infrastructure
- Consolidation and Virtualization Solutions
- Exploring the issues with branch consolidation, server consolidation, storage consolidation and SAN island consolidation.
- Exploring the issues with server virtualization, network virtualization and storage virtualization
2: Cisco Data Center business solutions
- Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric solutions
- Explaining the benefits of a Unified Fabric architecture using FCoE, supported by Cisco Nexus switches
- Cisco Data Center Storage Networking solutions
- Identifying storage networking solutions provided by Cisco MDS Fibre Channel switches.
- Cisco Data Center Unified Computing solutions
- Explaining the benefits of a Unified Computing architecture provided by Cisco UCS
- Cisco Data Center Business Solutions
- Applying Cisco architectures and innovative features to cloud computing, virtual desktops and high performance computing solutions