CISA Boot Camp (CISABC)
Who should attend
Information Systems Auditors intent on passing the challenging CISA certification provided by ISACA.
The ISACA CISA exam is only available two days per year, and requires students to register well in advance. The exam is delivered at locations around the world, including over 80 U.S. metropolitan areas. Contact your Account Manager for more details.
A minimum of five years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience is required for certification.
Upon completion of our CISA course, you will have:
- The required knowledge and ability to perform effective and comprehensive systems security audits
- Knowledge of the six core competencies that make up the CISA
- IS Audit Process
- Protection of Information Assets
- IT Governance
- Systems and Infrastructure Life Cycle Management
- IT Service Delivery and Support
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
The CISA course offers students outstanding benefits, including:
- Four full days of intense instruction with no outside distractions
- In-person access to the top security experts in the industry
- Unique courseware
- ISACA-authorized courseware, including CISA Review Manual 2010 English Edition and CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2010
- Fast Lane’s CISA courseware, loaded with more than 1,000 situational exam questions
- Lunch, beverages and snacks provided on each day of class
- Worldwide recognition as a universally accepted information systems manager
- Opportunity to build upon existing certifications/credentials already earned
- Excellent Certification Preparation (Note: You will be responsible for registering for the exam and transportation to the exam; Fast Lane will not provide exam logistics or transportation support.)
- Provides tangible evidence of career growth
- Potential for a salary increase and/or promotion
Detailed Course Outline
The IS Audit Process (10% of exam) Discuss IS audit services in accordance with IS audit standards, guidelines, and best practices. IS audit services are used to assist the organization in ensuring that its information technology and business systems are protected and controlled.
Protection of Information Assets (41% of exam) In-depth discussions of how the organization’s security architecture (policies, standards, procedures and controls) must ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets.
IT Governance (15% of exam) Relate how successful governance provides assurance to the organization that it has the structure, policies, accountability, mechanisms and monitoring practices in place to effectively govern their information technology infrastructure.
Systems and Infrastructure Life Cycle Management (16% of exam) Show how Life Cycle Management processes provide assurance that the management practices for the development/acquisition, testing, implementation, maintenance and disposal of systems and infrastructure will meet the organization’s business objectives.
Systems and Infrastructure Life Cycle Management(cont.) (16% of exam)
Show how Life Cycle Management processes provide assurance that the management practices for the development/acquisition, testing, implementation, maintenance and disposal of systems and infrastructure will meet the organization’s business objectives.
IT Service Delivery and Support (14% of exam) Describe how service delivery and support enable IT service management to provide the level of services required to meet the organization’s business objectives.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (14% of exam) Establish the vital need of sound BCP/DRP and show how, in the event of a disruption, the business continuity and disaster recovery processes will ensure the timely resumption of IT services, while minimizing the business impact.
Exam Overview This section will review the requirements to sit for the CISA exam and how to maintain the certification after successful completion of the examination process. We will provide you with techniques used by other successful certification candidates, with tips on how to study and prepare for an exam.