CIPTV1 Bridge: Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1 (CIPTV1-BR)
NOTE: Planning on taking both the CIPTV1 & 2 Bridge courses? Purchase the CIPTV Bridge Bundle and enjoy the ease of enrollment and a price discount when you enroll in either class one year from the purchase date.
About this Course
CIPTV1 Bridge: Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1 is a two-day, instructor-led course that provides an option if you have taken the CCNP Voice CIPT1 course, or are otherwise familiar with the content, to learn the new material added to CIPTV1 that covers CSR 10.6 technology.
Who should attend
- Network administrators and network engineers
- CCNP Collaboration candidates who have previously taken the CCNP Voice CIPT1 course
- CCNP Voice certified professionals wanting to upgrade their skills and knowledge based on new material in the latest Collaboration Courses
- Systems engineers
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, switching and routing
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to enable VLANs and DHCP
- Basics of digital interfaces, PSTN, and VoIP
- Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks
- Equivalent knowledge to the CIPT1 course or a good understanding of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) administration
What You Will Learn
- Describe the role of Cisco UC Manager in a Cisco Collaboration Solution v10.6, including:
- Redundancy options
- IP phone services
- Understand the functions and purpose of LDAP synchronization and authentication in a Collaboration Solution v10.6 as well as attribute mapping and filter features.
- Configure Call Coverage including new “Call Queuing’ capabilities.
- Describe how to configure CUBE.
- Describe the types of media resources that Cisco UC Manger supports.
- Describe how to configure Cisco UC Manager server software-based media resources.
- Implement Cisco hardware-based media resources.
- Understand how to implement audio and video conferencing devices for:
- Cisco UC Manager software audio bridge.
- Cisco IOS-based audio and video conference bridges.
- Cisco TelePresence Server, MSE 8000, MCU and conductor.
Outline: CIPTV1 Bridge: Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1 (CIPTV1-BR)
Module 1: Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) Introduction
- Overview of CUCM
- Deployment and redundancy options
- Endpoints and user deployment
Module 2: Implementing CSR 10.6 Calling Features
- Call coverage in CUCM
- Analyzing single-site off-cluster calling requirements
- Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Using CUBE to access the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) via a SIP trunk
- URI dialing in CUBE
- Dial plan interworking
Module 3: Media Resources
- Media resources in CUCM
- Implementing annunciators, music on hold (MOH) and Media Termination Points (MTPs)
Module 4: Audio and Video Conferencing
- Conferencing devices and their functions
- Implementing conference bridges
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8000
- Implementing Cisco TelePresence server and conductor
- Deploying endpoints and users
- Implementing call coverage
- Implementing PSTN calling using SIP trunks through CUBE
- Using CUBE for URI dialing
- Implementing annunciators and Music on Hold (MOH)
- Implementing conference bridges
- Implementing Cisco TelePresence conductor
|Mar 20-21, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern|
|Jun 12-13, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern|
|Sep 11-12, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern|
|Dec 4-5, 2017||Online Training Time zone: US/Eastern|
|Mar 20-21, 2017||Online Training Time zone: Canada/Eastern|
|Jun 12-13, 2017||Online Training Time zone: Canada/Eastern|
|Sep 11-12, 2017||Online Training Time zone: Canada/Eastern|
|Dec 4-5, 2017||Online Training Time zone: Canada/Eastern|