Advanced Cisco Catalyst 6500 Switching (CAT6KS)
This exclusive Fast Lane course provides advanced switching training to supplement the CCNP Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks v2.0 (SWITCH) class and provides a design-concept module focused on the Catalyst 6500 features that differentiate the Catalyst 6500 as a solution for next-generation Data Center and Campus networks.We go deep into the product, and truly aim at training engineers on how to maximize the value of their companies investments into the CAT 6K Chassis.
The CAT6KS 2.0 curriculum enables customers to build scalable, reliable, and intelligent Data Center and Campus networks using Catalyst 6500 Series switches and replaces the CAT6KS v1.0 course with updated lab guides that work with the revised remote lab topology. CAT6KS also provides advanced switching training to supplement the CCNP Switching Class and provides a design-concept module focused on the Catalyst 6500 features that differentiate the Catalyst 6500 as a solution for next-generation Data Center and Campus networks.
Who should attend
This course is intended for:
- Systems and field engineers
- Consulting system engineers
- Technical solution architects
- Cisco Integrators
- Cisco Partners installing and implementing the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
Prior to attending this course on Advanced Cisco Catalyst 6500 Switching, you should have attended the following course, or have equivalent knowledge and experience:
Upon course completion, the you will be able to:
- Describe the Options and Hardware available for the Catalyst 6500 Switches: Chassis, Line Card, Supervisor, MSFC, PFC, SFM, DFC, Power Supplies, Architecture, Service Modules Overview
- Describe the Virtual Switching System 1440 Architecture, Operation, and Configuration
- Deploy and Examine IOS Software Modularity
- Recover the Supervisor Password
- Manage and Upgrade IOS on Catalyst 6500
- Describe VLAN Enhancements: VTP and Trunk Configuration Guidelines and Restrictions
- Describe Spanning Tree, Rapid and Multiple Spanning-Tree Operation
- Describe Spanning-Tree Enhancements: BPDU Guard and Filter, Root Guard, Loop Guard, PortFast, UplinkFast, BackboneFast
- Use Unidirectional Link Detection
- Use EtherChannel including MultiChassis EtherChannel in VSS mode
- Configure NetFlow and NDE
- Understand and Implement Catalyst 6500 QoS options
- Deploy and Examine Embedded Event Manager
- Utilize Automated Diagnostics (GOLD, TDR, On Board Failure Logging, System Event Archive, Smart Call Home)
- Implement SPAN, RSPAN, and ERSPAN
- Implement High Availability Features (HSRP, FHRP, VRRP, GLBP
- Implement Catalyst 6500 Stateful Switchover options (RPR, RPR+, SSO, NSF)
- Implement Network Security Enhancements (TCP Intercept, Unicast RPF, Storm Control, VLAN ACL, VACL Capture, DAI, DHCP Snooping, IP Source Gard, CoPP, Port Security, VLAN, IEEE 802.1X Port-Base Authentication)
Detailed Course Outline
- Module 1: Given a design, the learner will be able to identify the various components associated with the Enterprise Composite Model so that the design meets customer requirements.
- Module 2: Given a network environment, the learner will be able to identify the components of the Catalyst 6500 platform that apply to that environment.
- Module 3: Given a Catalyst 6500 installation, the learner will be able to complete initial configuration of the Catalyst 6500 Series switch.
- Module 4: Given a customers requirements for redundancy, the learner will be able to identify the redundancy features required to meet the customer needs.
- Module 5: Given a network design, the learner will be able to identify which Layer 2 enhancements should be used to meet the design requirements.
- Module 6: Given a customers requirement for managing traffic, the learner will be able to identify which features to use to satisfy the requirements.
- Module 7: Given a network design document, the learner will be able to identify the Catalyst 6500 components, features, and functions that should be included in the network design to meet the specified design goals
Duration 5 days
- United States: US$ 3,295
- Cisco Learning Credits: 33 CLC