Managing and Supporting a Mobility Solution with Citrix XenMobile (CXM-202)
About this Course
This course provides the skills necessary to manage, support, and troubleshoot a Citrix XenMobile 10 Enterprise environment. Students with limited or no XenMobile experience will gain an understanding of what is required to maintain the components of a XenMobile Enterprise solution. Students will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment to configure and test policies, manage device and application usage, perform troubleshooting and reporting, and more. Students are expected to leverage their own mobile device (personal or corporate-owned, not already enrolled in another Mobile Device Management solution) to use during hands-on lab exercises.
Who should attend
This course is designed for IT professionals, systems engineers, server administrators, and Citrix Partners who need to know how to manage, support and troubleshoot a XenMobile Enterprise solution.
- Systems administration - primarily Windows
- Networking - IP addressing
- Subnetting and VPNs
- OSI Layers (including protocols: TCP/IP, SMTP, POP3)
- Web-based technologies - Web Services and .Net
- IT security standards - FIPS 140-2, PKI, SSL, SAML
- Technical components of an enterprise IT infrastructure, including Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, Firewalls and virtualization
- Networking and support challenges for wireless applications
Citrix recommends that students bring a mobile device (iPhone, Android or Windows device) to complete device enrollment and Worx-related exercises. This device should not be enrolled in another MDM solution, or would need to be unenrolled in order to use it to complete the mobile device-specific class exercises.
What You Will Learn
- Manage a XenMobile implementation in a traditional IT infrastructure
- Understand the enterprise mobility management architecture components at a high level
- Perform common enterprise mobility management tasks
- Use the XenMobile Server console to manage enterprise mobility activities
- Understand the device enrollment process
- Perform mobile application management
- Monitor an enterprise mobility environment
- Perform troubleshooting and reporting on a XenMobile Enterprise solution