Managing Unified Access Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 (WMUAPI)
Managing Unified Access Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 course establishes a strong foundation in managing the full range of Cisco wired and wireless infrastructure using Prime Infrastructure 2.2. During this course you will also explore the Application Visibility and Control capabilities of Prime Infrastructure through monitoring and troubleshooting problems on the network. The course puts the user in the context of a realistic customer scenario, and covers every aspect of Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2's Lifecycle management approach. You will create Sites, Maps, Deploy configurations, perform device discovery as well as learn to set alarms and troubleshoot network and application issues.
Who should attend
This course is intended for you if you are an IT engineer, administrator or manager that needs to know the fundamentals about planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining Cisco infrastructures using Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2. This includes SEs, Field Engineers, technical support professionals, network managers, security team members, and administrators.
- Experience in wired and wireless network management and terminology
- Recommended - CCNA wireless and CCNA Route/Switch level knowledge
- Recommended – Previous training or experience with CiscoWorks, Network Control System (NCS) or Wireless Control System (WCS)
- Describe the architecture, licensing, migration capabilities, assurance, compliance features, and setup of Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2.
- Identify the pre-deployment and design tasks in the design lifecycle phase.
- Describe how to deploy device configurations with Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Examine the different available templates and their capabilities and how to create configurations and deploy them using these templates.
- Describe roles of operations workforce and applicable features of Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Preform device discovery and configuration tasks.
- Explore the monitoring and management capabilities of Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Create monitoring templates, and perform health and performance monitoring.
- Use Prime Infrastructure to troubleshoot and perform problem isolation
- create and customize a wide range of reports using Prime Infrastructure 2.2
Follow On Courses
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Overview of Managing Unified Access with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Overview
- Key Features and Licensing
- Lifecycles Mapped to Organizational Roles
- Device Integration and Management
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Setup
- Technical Requirements
- Deployment Options
- VMware Deployment Steps Using OVA
- Troubleshooting Install
- Auto Deploy
Initial System Administration Tasks in Administer Lifecycle
- License Management
- User Management
- Interface Overview and Management
- System Operations
Module 2: Design Lifecycle Features and Functions
Operational Roles and Features in Design Phase
- Design and Pre-deployment Engineer and Tasks
- Design Lifecycle Features
Creating Sites and Maps
- Create Sites
- Endpoint Association
- Create Maps
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Templates
- Day Zero Configuration and Guided Workflows
- Default Templates
- CLI Templates
- Wireless Templates
- Using Composite Templates
- Plug and Play device deployment
- Creating Sites
- Setup Virtual Domains
- Creating Maps
- Using the Mapping Features
Lab: Creating Users and Groups
Lab: Creating Sites and Maps
Module 3: Deploy Lifecycle Features and Functions
Operational Roles and Features in Deployment Phase
- Deployment Engineer and Tasks
- Deploy Lifecycle Features
Deploying Device Configurations
- Create Deployment Tasks
- Schedule a Deployment
- Using the Automated Deployment Profiles
Lab: Deploying Configurations Using Templates
Module 4: Operate Lifecycle Features and Functions
Operational Roles and Features in Operation Phase
- Operations Workforce and Tasks
- Operate Lifecycle Features
Discovery and Management Functionalities for Network Engineers and Administrators
Device Work Center
Monitoring and Management Functionalities for Network Operations Center
- Alarms and Events
- Context Aware for location
- Clean Air
Troubleshooting and Problem Isolation Functionalities for Helpdesk and Support
- Clients and Users
- Operational Tasks
- Common Scenarios
Lab: Using Device Work Center
Lab: Monitoring, Alarms, Events and Troubleshooting
Lab: Using Reports
Module 5: Report Lifecycle Features and Functions
Operational Roles and Features in Reporting Phase
- Who in the IT Workforce Needs Reports?
- Which Reports They Need?
Cisco Prime Infrastructure Reports
- Reports Dashboard
- Scheduling Reports
- Compliance Reports