Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP Implementing DWDM from Installation to Protection Release (MSTP FITP)
The Cisco Systems ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) takes full advantage of the network intelligence introduced by the ONS 15454 Multiservice Provisioning Platform (MSPP) to deliver intelligent dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) functions for metropolitan and regional networks.
The Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP solution provides a comprehensive suite of transparent wavelength service interfaces, including service interfaces. The Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP Test, Turn Up and Operations bootcamp provides the skills to test and turn up the Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP.
- System Overview
- Optics and DWDM Technology Overview
- Hardware and Topology Overview
- Topologies and Network Planning
- MetroPlanner and Point-to-Point Network Design Concepts
- Alarms and monitoring
- Building a Ring Configuration and Implementing Protection Schemes
Who should attend
- Channel Partners / Resellers
A basic knowledge of the DWDM theory, Fibre installation and Test and turn up of optical network nodes.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Verbally define what the Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP platform is
- Identify and record chassis components
- Verify node configuration based on device role
- Verify fibre viability and perform individual node cabling
- Identify basic fibre characteristics needed as input for a viable optical network design
- Given a desired network objective, use MetroPlanner to design an optical network and verify the MetroPlanner output
- Use Cisco Transport Controller to provision Cisco ONS 15454 DWDM nodes
- Given a point-to-point MetroPlanner lab design, implement and test
- Given a MetroPlanner lab ring design, implement and test
- Use Cisco Transport Controller and optical test tools to identify network problems and troubleshoot errors