Cisco ASR 5000 EPC Product Suite System Administration and Configuration (EPC)
About this Course
The Cisco ASR 5000 EPC Product Suite System Administration and Configuration version 12.2 instructor-led course offered by Learning Services provides detailed instruction on how to manage, monitor, configure, and administer the Cisco® ASR 5000 to function as a mobility management entity (MME) serving gateway (S-GW) and PDN gateway (P-GW) in an evolved packet core (EPC) network environment. The student is provided with an introduction to the important components of an EPC network as well as an introduction to the hardware and software architecture of the ASR 5000. After configuration lab exercises, basic debugging commands are introduced and used for simulated call failure scenarios.
Who should attend
This course is designed for participants from any of the following disciplines who are responsible for the planning, configuration, and management of the ASR 5000:
- Network engineering
- Network consulting
- Customer support
- Field engineering
Participants must have a thorough understanding of IP routing, networking protocols, and a basic working knowledge of applicable 3GPP network operation.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, you should have a practical familiarity of the following aspects of the platform:
- Using the StarOS command line interface (CLI) for chassis management, monitoring, and configuration.
- Performing initial system configuration, including creating administrative users, hardware redundancy, and remote management functions.
- Performing basic service configuration for an MME.
- Performing basic service configuration for an S-GW.
- Performing basic service configuration of a P-GW.
- Monitoring the system for subscriber sessions.
- Implementing management functions such as threshold crossing alarms, software upgrades, and hardware/software monitoring.
- Performing basic debugging of attachment failure.
At the completion of this course, all participants receive a certificate of completion.
Outline: Cisco ASR 5000 EPC Product Suite System Administration and Configuration (EPC)
The course outline is as follows:
Day 1: Morning Session
- Registration (Refreshments and Introductions)
- Discussion: Course Objectives and Schedule
- Lesson 1: ASR 5000 Hardware Introduction
- Lesson 2: Software Architecture
- Lesson 3: System Scalability
Day 1: Afternoon Session
- Lesson 4: Initial System Configuration
- Lesson 5: Command Line Interface Overview
Day 2: Morning Session
- Review of Day One, Question and Answer Session
- Lesson 6: Configuring System and Management Parameters
- Lesson 7: Configuration Terminology
- Lesson 8: LTE Overview
Day 2: Afternoon Session
- Lesson 9: Cisco LTE Features
- Lesson 10: LTE Call Flows
Day 3: Morning Session
- Review of Day Two, Question and Answer Session
- Lesson 11: ASR 5000 LTE Lab Exercise
- Lesson 12: Pre-Release 8 and Release 8 Handovers
Day 3: Afternoon Session
- Lesson 13: Circuit Switch Fallback
- Lesson 14: EPC Operator Policies
- Lesson 15: Software Upgrade
Day 4: Morning Session
- Lesson 16: EPC Traffic Policing
- Lesson 17: EPC Hardware Monitoring Commands
- Lesson 18: EPC Software Monitoring Commands
- Lesson 19: Alarm Monitoring
Day 4: Afternoon Session
- ◦ Lesson 20: Logging
- ◦ Lesson 21: Threshold Crossing Alarms and Lab Exercise
The lab outline is as follows:
- Lab 1: ASR 5000 LTE Lab Exercise
- Lab 2: Configuring Threshold Crossing Alarms