Business & IT Convergence - Discover the Customer (BIC-DTC)
About this Course
Rapidly changing environments require a new sales style. Besides acquiring increased knowledge about technologies, account teams must learn and apply new practices and skills to resonate with stakeholders outside of IT.
Account teams are challenged by an ongoing transformation:
1. Business & IT converge: IT is no longer supporting infrastructure only but is becoming the strategic platform for any organizations development. Infrastructure and applications must be aligned with corporate strategy in order to contribute significant value.
2. More and more IT budget is allocated outside the IT department due to business requirements. Beyond plain technical features, the functionality and value of complex IT solutions must be “translated“ into business terms.
3. As investments into IT are growing, managers ask for financial returns, value creation and other measures of success. IT investments must be linked with strategic and operative goals.
The first course of our transformative education program is addressing the Discover & Qualify phase and is looking into the principles of analyzing a customer and qualifying potential opportunities using a consultative selling approach. It enables participants to use consultative techniques, transferring the knowledge required to identify customers’ needs as well as researching and analyzing the customer organization. Participants will learn how to use various techniques to identify entry points for a value conversation with involved stakeholders. It helps the audience to have meaningful conversations about the customer’s processes, KPI's and business challenges.
We suggest that account teams should also attend the following courses in order to maximize the impact of our salesforce transformation program.
- Business & IT Convergence - Engaging the Stakeholder (BIC-ESH) – Tell, Show & Resonate
- Business & IT Convergence - Creating a Business Case (BIC-CBC) – Convince & Close
- Business & IT Convergence - Bring Technology to Life (BIC-BTL) – Enable & Adopt
Who should attend
Key Account Manager, Account Manager, Sales Team Leader, Business Development Manager
What You Will Learn
- Use consultative techniques in their sales process
- Identify customers’ needs from a business perspective
- Research and analyze the customer organization, e.g. the macro-economical influencing forces, strategy and business model
- Identify stakeholders responsible for and / or depending on key business activities – the buying center
- Identify entry points for a value conversation with those stakeholders
- Have meaningful conversations with business stakeholders up to the C-Level about the customers strategic goals, business model, key processes, KPI’s and business challenges
Outline: Business & IT Convergence - Discover the Customer (BIC-DTC)
- Understand different sales models
- Introduction to consultative selling
- Consultative selling to bridge the business-IT-gap
- How IT is linked with customers’ strategy and operations
- Becoming business relevant
- The need for preparation
Analytics & Research
- Tools to analyze customers efficiently
- Analyzing value
- Applying research skills
Business Consulting Skills
- Personal and organizational requirements for consultative selling
- The partners’ role: sales vs. business consulting?
- Plan a consultative selling approach
- Plan and manage workshops with stakeholders
- Use different methods to manage the consulting process
Strategy – the Customers' Outside World
- Understand how strategy evolves
- Uncover the customer strategy
- Applying tools like PESTLE, 5 Forces, etc.
Business Model – the Customers' Inside World
- Understand the customers’ business model
- Apply the Business Model Canvas®
- Evaluate the “routes to value“
- Identify the buying centers’ key stakeholders
Business Processes & KPI's
- Understand the principles of a business process
- Different characteristics of business process – design & analysis
- Measurement of business process
- Business process improvement methodologies
- High-Level analysis of a customers’ key processes
Identifying the Buying Center
- Understand the buying center concept and the relevance for consultative selling
- Identification of stakeholders building the buying center
- Decisive behavior of stakeholders in the buying center
- Argumentation corresponding to motives and demand
- Defining entry points for higher value creation through our solutions
- Analyzing the business environment and the business model of a customer to find value creation opportunities
- Gathering key influencers to enhance the business care
Duration 2 daysEnroll now