Advanced Services - Securing Enterprise Data Center Architectures with FWSM, IDSM-2, Guard & Detector (SEDCA)
- Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture Security Overview
- Understanding Network Threats
- Implementing Device-Level Security
- Implementing Layer 2 and Layer 3 Security
- Deploying Cisco Catalyst 6500 FWSM at Internet Edge and Aggregation Layers
- Deploying IDSs, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPSs) and Cisco Security Agent
- Deploying Cisco Guard DDoS Mitigation Appliances and Cisco Traffic Anomaly Detectors
- Securing Management Access
Who should attend
This course is targeted toward data center managers and administrators, network administrators, security professionals, and engineers interested in deploying and securing Cisco network data center solutions.
- Experience using the Cisco IOS Software command line interface (CLI)
- Routing fundamentals and IP addressing
- Knowledge and experience configuring Layer 2 and Layer 3 interfaces on Cisco routers and switches
- Basic knowledge of Cisco Catalyst 6500 operation and modules
- An understanding of firewall and intrusion detection systems concepts and operations
Securing Enterprise Data Center Architectures is a lab-intensive course that allows delegates to integrate and test Cisco Systems security products and security best practices that comprise the Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture.
Delegates will implement and integrate the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Firewall Services Module (FWSM); the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Intrusion Detection System Module (IDSM-2); and two Cisco anomaly detection devices: Cisco traffic anomaly detectors and Cisco Guard DDoS mitigation appliances.
Hands-on lab experience includes use of commonly available network test applications, as well as scripts that delegates can use to verify that implemented security techniques are successful. Delegates will also learn best practices for implementing Layer 2 and Layer 3 security, with hands-on practice in implementing features such as port security and private VLANs.
Duration: 5 days
- US$ 3,750
Cisco Learning Credits:
There are no training dates available in North America for this course. For inquiries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Apr 14, 2014||Beijing 1 day|