Brocade MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS450)
This instructor-led training provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to implement MPLS Traffic Engineering using Brocade switches. This advanced course is the second of two classes, and pertains specifically to the Brocade MPLS Traffic Engineering solution being deployed on Brocade switches.
Who should attend
This course is for switch administrators, system integrators, support personnel, technicians and any user who needs detailed technical information about the deployment of MPLS-TE within a network using Brocade Switches.
CNE 200 or Brocade switch/router equivalence experience CNP 300 or Advanced switch/router equivalence experience MPLS 400 or MPLS label switching and L2/3 VPN equivalence knowledge
Note: This course is designed for students that have already taken MPLS 400 or ETH 650.
- Describe Traffic Engineering concepts and purpose.
- Describe Constrained Based Routing CSPF.
- Describe OSPF-TE and its function.
- Configure, verify, administer, OSPF-TE and perform CSPF calculations.
- Apply administrative-groups and bandwidth parameters to MPLS enabled interfaces.
- Describe Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) and its function.
- Install, configure, and verify functionality of RSVP on a Brocade switch.
- Configure Signaled LSPs and its attributes.
- Configure strict primary/secondary LSP paths.
- Configure LSPs and assign to Layer 2 services.
- Verify and troubleshoot OSPF-TE and RSVP.
- Describe Traffic Engineering best practices.
- Describe and deploy LSPs as OSPF and BGP shortcuts.
- Describe and deploy Fast Re-route on Brocade switches.