Brocade DCX Backbone Product Administration (DCX200)
About this Course
This instructor-led training provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy and manage Brocade Backbone switches. Topics include Backbone chassis and blade hardware components. Backbone configuration, firmware management, and troubleshooting concepts will also be covered. This course covers the DCX, DCX-4s, DCX 8510-4, and DCX 8510-8. Hands-on laboratory exercises apply the concepts defined in class.
Who should attend
This course is designed for storage administrators, SAN administrators, system administrators, SAN architects, and systems engineers involved in the design, deployment, and management of Brocade chassis-based SANs.
Introduction to Fibre Channel Concepts (FC 101), or equivalent knowledge General knowledge of basic fabric administration including basic switch configuration, zone and port management. Six months experience with storage and storage area networks.
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- List key differences between the DCX/DCX-4s and DCX 8510-4/8510-8.
- Differentiate between supported blades.
- Discuss port blade card architecture.
- Configure ICL connections between chassis.
- Perform initial setup on a Brocade chassis switch.
- Describe the firmware upgrade process for a Brocade Backbone switch.
- Perform management tasks using the CLI, Brocade Network Advisor, and Web Tools.
- Diagnose common hardware problems.