Intro to ServerIron ADX Application (CLE202)
This course is a comprehensive study of the Layer 4 through 7 features of Brocade ADX ServerIron Products. The student gains hands-on experience in configuration of typical installations with the ADX ServerIron product. Lecture topics are supported with real world labs involving Source NAT, Direct Server Return, Active-Active Server Load Balancing, and Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB).
Who should attend
This course is designed for network administrators, system administrators, network architects, systems engineers, and technical support engineers that are involved with installation, configuration, maintenance, and basic troubleshooting of Brocade Layer 4-7 application delivery products.
Working knowledge of the following:
- Brocade Ethernet CLI
- Brocade Router interface addressing
- Domain Name Service (DNS)
- OSI reference model
- Classification of TCP/UDP traffic based on port number
- URL address structure
- Identify where Brocade ServerIron ADX products are used in a typical data network.
- Describe the core functions and capabilities of the ADX GUI.
- Configure the ServerIron ADX in Layer 4 through 7 SLB applications using the CLI or GUI.
- Incorporate fault tolerance and high availability at:
- The local level with multiple servers that failover.
- The public address level with multiple Virtual IP addresses (VIPs) that failover.
- The global level with multiple business sites that failover.
- Implement policy-based switching keying on cookies or URL parsing using CSW.
- Implement GSLB with and without an authoritative DNS server.