Advanced Ethernet Fabric Administrator (CEF300)
About this Course
This 5-day class introduces Brocade VCS™ technology, Ethernet fabrics, and all associated protocols and technologies. This course will also introduce the Brocade VDX family of data center switches, including the VDX 6710, VDX 6720, VDX 6730, VDX 6740, and VDX 8770. This course covers installation, configuration, monitoring, and basic troubleshooting of Brocade VDX switches and is designed to help an administrator manage Ethernet fabrics based on Brocade Network OS (NOS) v4.1.2 and Brocade Network Advisor v12.2. This course provides a strong foundation for Brocade VCS and Ethernet fabric technologies and the features offered by the Brocade VDX switches.
This course is designed in part, to prepare students for the 150-810 BCEFP exam.
Who should attend
This course is designed for network architects, designers and administrators, system administrators and engineers, professional services personnel, technical sales engineers, and support personnel, including anyone needing the detailed foundational information to install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Brocade Ethernet Fabrics and VDX switches.
Brocade Certified Network Engineer (BCNE) Training (CNE 200), Basic Switch/Router Configuration and Management (ETH 103), or equivalent Layer 2 and basic Layer 3 routing knowledge.
What You Will Learn
- Identify Brocade VCS Fabric terminology and associated protocols.
- Describe, install, configure, and perform basic troubleshooting tasks on Brocade VCS Fabric-capable switches in VCS Fabric mode, VCS Logical Chassis mode, and non-VCS Fabric mode.
- Use Brocade Network Operating System (NOS) v4.1.2 to configure and perform basic monitoring tasks on Brocade VDX switches.
- Discuss key Brocade VCS Fabric features such as Multipathing, Ethernet Name Server (eNS), and vLAGs.
- Discuss the Layer 2 and Layer 3 Fabric services supported by NOS v4.1.2
- Describe Automatic Migration of Port Profiles (AMPP) behavior, support, limitations, and configuration information.