VMware Horizon 7: Install, Configure, Manage (VHVICM)
If you are interested in viewing these web-based trainings or you would like to see what other options are available, please send an email with your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (919) 674-3100 to receive the link to the program.
Horizon (With View) Fundamentals [V6.0] (Cost - FREE)By the end of this four hour course, you should be able to:
- Diagram the View architecture.
- Discuss the key benefits and features of View.
- List common View use cases.
- List and explain the View components.
- List the main View deployment steps.
- Explain the View Composer requirements and installation steps.
- Discuss the View Connection Server requirements and installation steps.
- Outline the process for configuring the View Connection Server.
- Describe the tasks for installing a View Security Server.
- Explain how View Persona Management is used.
- Outline the process for creating and installing a View event database
- Outline the process and choices to set up vCenter Server managed desktops
- Compare PCoIP and RDP remote display protocol options.
- Describe the purpose of the View Agent
- List the steps to prepare the virtual desktop before installing View Agent.
- Outline the steps necessary to set up an automated pool that uses linked clones.
- Describe the process for creating and entitling a linked clone desktop pool.
- Discuss how to install and configure View Client.
- Describe how View is implemented on Thin Clients.
- Explain the importance of virtual printing.
- Demonstrate how to log in and navigate in the View Administrator interface.
- Describe how information in the Users and Groups page can be used to control and monitor View users.
- Create an automated pool.
- List the steps to set up RDS hosts
- List the steps for using creating application pools.
Horizon View [V6] Mirage [V5] What's New (Cost - FREE)By the end of this one hour course, you should be able to:
- Explain the key features of Horizon 6.
- Describe the enhancements to the different product areas — View, Workspace, and Mirage.
VMware Horizon Workspace Fundamentals [V 1.8] (Cost - FREE)By the end of this two hour course, you should be able to:
- Explain how Horizon Workspace works.
- Describe how Horizon Workspace works within the VMware Horizon Suite.
- Recognize some of the key features of Horizon Workspace.
- Discuss how Horizon Workspace helps end users and IT administrators solve common challenges when trying to manage personal and corporate data on multiple devices in a fast-changing mobile device world.
- Explain the function of each of the virtual appliances that make up the Horizon Workspace vApp package.
- Diagram the Horizon Workspace back end architecture and describe the function of some of its key components.
- Define the Horizon Workspace front end components.
- Explain the main function of the Horizon Workspace client components.
- Explain the Horizon Workspace installation prerequisites.
- Discuss the tasks for deploying Horizon Workspace.
- Explain the tasks for integrating VMware Horizon View with Horizon Workspace.
- Recognize the tasks for setting up Horizon Workspace to distribute and manage applications packaged with VMware ThinApp.
- Identify the function of each of the Horizon Workspace Web interfaces and how to access them.
- Describe the main function of the Horizon Workspace modules on the Dashboard page of the Administrator Web interface.
- Discuss how to manage groups and users.
- Explain how to manage resources on the Catalog page.
- Define the types of policies available and how they are used.
- Discuss how to configure and use Horizon Workspace Settings.
- Describe how to sign in and navigate the Horizon Workspace user portal.
- Discuss how to install the Horizon Workspace client application for the appropriate device.
- Explain how to use Horizon Files to manage files and folders.
VMware View Design Best Practices - What's New [V5.X] (Cost - FREE)By the end of this one hour course, you should be able to:
- Identify the expansion in platform support for View 5.0.
- List the support changes for View 5.0.
- Describe the Windows 7 3D Rendering feature.
- Explain how client certificates are handled in View 5.0.
- State the Local Mode limitations in View 5.0.
- Explain the importance of PCoIP Group Policy Settings and how to configure these settings.
- Explain the View Persona Management feature and how to enable this feature.
- List the types of Mac and mobile devices supported by the View Client.
If you are interested in viewing any of the above web-based trainings, please send an email with your contact information to email@example.com or call (919) 674-3100 to receive links to the programs.